This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    ..not to mention there is a lot of "regulars" now posting cars in the Auctions. Too many auctions and too little unique/rare/crazy car "articles."
    Was thinking this sort of as well... Interested to see the outcome of the 318i tho.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

$6,250 for the 4door M10 car
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

BaT, in my opinion, is going through some growing pains. With 50 or simultaneous auctions, I imagine it gets hard to officiate them all closely, reading every comment.

The heavy scrutiny the cars undergo, sometimes by experts in a marque, attracts serious buyers who don't seem to mind paying a premium for that extra service. Like that white 70's Alfa GTV that recently sold for $57K. It was listed on eBay a couple weeks before BaT and missed reserve even at a highest bid of $52K. Seller is an acquaintance of mine (we're both heavy into Alfas), and he said the BaT buyer turned out to be, I'm not kidding, a financier from the east coast with a net worth in 100s of millions. On a buying spree of clean classic cars of his youth. Disclosed to him that he would have paid anything for that car.

BTW, that seller of the GTV, now obviously flush with cash, is looking for a pristine, low-mileage stock e30 to use as a daily driver. So he bid $5K on that black 318. Simply because of it checked those boxes I mention. I reminded him how slow and un-optioned that car is, but he wants what he wants.

If you know of such a clean e30 (not necessarily slow and un-optioned), let me know and I'll pass it on to him. I told him about this site's classifieds, but he's not keen on it yet.
        '91 325i

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 35k-Mile Euro 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #2,159.

Wow, I bet this one goes for over $50k.
          My Feedback

Comment

I am curious to see what that Trackday (BRO) M3 goes for today.

Threw an opening bid on the Diesel. Why not..
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I am curious to see what that Trackday (BRO) M3 goes for today.

Threw an opening bid on the Diesel. Why not..
              $324 haha :up:

I think the racecar M3 will still get close to 30k, if not more. Im sure many people are thinking they can get a bargain on this one, but I would be blown away if it doesnt sell for at least 25
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah, when I checked this morning and it was still at 13K, I about shiate myself.

Was seriously considering pulling some money out of the 401k.. LOL
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Yeah, when I checked this morning and it was still at 13K, I about shiate myself.

Was seriously considering pulling some money out of the 401k.. LOL
                  Might not be a bad idea. It still has a numbers matching S14.

**As a Series 7 Licensed person, I cannot actually recommend pulling money from your 401k to buy a car with ***
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah but that's about it. Had repaired frame damage front left and accident damage in the rear right. Rust repair. No interior, full rollcage, lexan windows, etc. The car is pretty much committed to the track and few people will pay a premium for that anymore. I think the last few track cars sold for around 25k, IIRC and people are still trying to convert them back.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      **As a Series 7 Licensed person, I cannot actually recommend pulling money from your 401k to buy a car with ***
                      You mean like take some money out of an IRA to purchase an E30, and show a net loss for the year. Nope, never done that.

But considering how the market has been, it's not a bad investment option.

;)

I don't get the whole, buying a race car and trying to convert it back to the street. It's like taking a hooker and saying "hey, if we surgically repair your hymen, you are can be a virgin again." Once you go race car, they are treated like a tool and beat to hell. (OK, that didn't come out right.)

Plus, to me, it's depressing to see a racecar turned back in to a street car.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

But as a track car, it is something that it can be in a class that it could be quite competitive in, in the right hands (though I have to double check the rules book honestly).

Being a track car, you can push it since its already been beat and repaired. Making it a street car again would be silly
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Not this one, anyway.
                          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

You mean like take some money out of an IRA to purchase an E30, and show a net loss for the year. Nope, never done that.

But considering how the market has been, it's not a bad investment option.

;)

I don't get the whole, buying a race car and trying to convert it back to the street.
                            The only upside is if was seam welded.
                            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

wow.

I mean, wow.

Some one got a deal.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

wow.