Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Love the Vert!! If only I had garage space.....Will be watching closely.

    Comment


      My mom had an electric green datsun 310 new. I did not think the car was cool then and still don't!

      Comment


        Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Why would somebody go through all the trouble of swapping a rusted out touring?
        My Feedback

        Comment


          Originally posted by fastestbox View Post
          As someone in the process of swapping a 318is, I was very conflicted and started a thread on it here about whether or not it's the way to go. People told me that it would hurt the value, and that it'd be a waste or whatever, but decided on it anyways.

          There's still plenty of 318is with m42s on bringatrailer that don't get mad money for whatever reason, and at least for me, 80% of the late model e30s I see on craigslist in my area are 318s. Hell, there's one in better shape than mine for less than I paid right now.
          My 318is is getting a m54, I'm OK with doing it. The car is super high mileage and was really rough when I got it. The trans is F'd and the M42 has been nothing but reliable its not perfect. It's my first E30 so Its value is only to me.

          Also I think the 318is the only E30 i'd put a DOHC motor in. Because it came with one from the factory.. but that's just me being silly.
          91' 318is 90' 325is

          Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

          Comment


            Originally posted by e30RS View Post
            My mom had an electric green datsun 310 new. I did not think the car was cool then and still don't!
            Have owned 110s, 210s and 310s in our family, and the 110 was the best of them! Proper fast back style and none of the fussy styling of the later ones, even with only 69hp they were fun to drive with only 730kg to push around and you felt like you were going 10x faster than you really were and 41mpg!



            They were all good reliable cars - the 210 and 310 definitely weren't cool though...

            Back on topic: is the S54 swapped touring really that rusty? Looks a bit of surface rust on a few parts, but it's not like the floor is rusted out etc. like plenty of e30s that get fixed up. The brown stuff on the floorpan looks like underbody wax that has half come off in the pics?
            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

            Comment


              Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
              Why would somebody go through all the trouble of swapping a rusted out touring?

              Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
              Back on topic: is the S54 swapped touring really that rusty? Looks a bit of surface rust on a few parts, but it's not like the floor is rusted out etc. like plenty of e30s that get fixed up. The brown stuff on the floorpan looks like underbody wax that has half come off in the pics?

              Rust also mentioned in the BaT comments - but - I am not convinced it's rust. If you look at the fuel tank (plastic) and the strapping that holds it in, there's that same red/brown all over it. Seeing the car is in KY, they might have some red clay roads. Seller should have cleaned it for the pics, though. I know when we race at Road Atlanta, there's red clay all in the run offs and is in every nook/cranny on the car after. Last race I pressure washed the car when we got it back to the shop and it turned my whole parking lot red.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

              Comment


                Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                Rust also mentioned in the BaT comments - but - I am not convinced it's rust.
                I wasn't talking about underneath, the rear arches are rusted, some I think near the bottom of the fenders/doors also. Any signs of rust like that are an instant NOPE from me. Rust is cancer. Haven't people figured out by now that the chassis is THE single most important part of a car? Anything on a car can be easily replaced, but not the chassis. So I ask again, why the hell anybody would s54 swap a rusted car????
                My Feedback

                Comment


                  100% agreed! Especially when there are perfect cars available from places like CA. Why start with a rusty shell???


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                    I wasn't talking about underneath, the rear arches are rusted, some I think near the bottom of the fenders/doors also. Any signs of rust like that are an instant NOPE from me. Rust is cancer. Haven't people figured out by now that the chassis is THE single most important part of a car? Anything on a car can be easily replaced, but not the chassis. So I ask again, why the hell anybody would s54 swap a rusted car????

                    Ah! I missed that previously. I was assuming it was a red under-body people were talking about.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                    Comment


                      Yeah no way on an engine swap with a rust bucket. That just makes absolutely no sense.

                      Comment


                        There are some badass cars up for auction rn..

                        15k one owner e39 m5... sheet

                        https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-bmw-m5-75/
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                        Q
                        :devil:


                        WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          There are some badass cars up for auction rn..

                          15k one owner e39 m5... sheet

                          https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-bmw-m5-75/
                          Thats going to be worth every penny it goes for, what a cool color combination.
                          91' 318is 90' 325is

                          Originally posted by Sonny
                          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

                          Comment


                            Sucks that it's a 2000 MY.
                            Portland, Oregon
                            E28M5 | E30S50 | E30M3

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                              Thats going to be worth every penny it goes for, what a cool color combination.

                              holy-crap-moly.



                              19yr old BMW worth 40+? Count me in. So happy with the e39 540 I recently purchased! I will take the looks and minus 70bhp!


                              Only reason I even bought the 540 manual was because the 6 speed is worth twice what I paid, and figured it's an awesome daily....
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                                Sucks that it's a 2000 MY.
                                Yeah I'm an LCI E39 guy too.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X