Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by e30RS View Post
    Alas, I see the available sources for affordable e30's evaporating. Although that hardtop engine swap vert sold for $6200 on Monday and that was a steal. So deals do exist,


    It was bound to happen.

    Saw it first generation Chevy II/Nova’s and other muscle cars, and now you’re seeing it with everything from 80’s (E30’s, Fox body mustangs..etc).

    Just be lucky that the reason you’re not able to find the deals is due to raising values based on them becoming collectibles; most mundane muscle cars saw the cheap cars disappear because scores got wrecked while street racing/drag racing or just left in the back yard to rust away. That is where some of this internet auction culture has helped - everyone has become a Wayne, keeping an eye out for that next barn find.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
    2006 BMW X3
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

    Comment


      Originally posted by e30RS View Post
      Alas, I see the available sources for affordable e30's evaporating. Although that hardtop engine swap vert sold for $6200 on Monday and that was a steal. So deals do exist,
      there you go, a perfect candidate for fun:
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...10166&page=435
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

      Comment


        Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        there you go, a perfect candidate for fun:
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...10166&page=435

        All of a sudden I'm seeing swapped cars exceed $20k. It feels like values jumped from 12k to 20k+. Pretty wild.
        Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
        COTM Aug 2019

        Comment


          Agreed, like over night on these cars.

          Comment


            Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
            All of a sudden I'm seeing swapped cars exceed $20k. It feels like values jumped from 12k to 20k+. Pretty wild.
            Originally posted by e30RS View Post
            Agreed, like over night on these cars.
            Then this happens.
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:


            WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

            Comment


              Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post


              Meh. It’s an M50 swap. That’s about the going rate for them any more. It’s one of the few swaps that can now hurt the value of the car.. well that or a small block Ford.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
              2006 BMW X3
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

              Comment


                Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                Meh. It’s an M50 swap. That’s about the going rate for them any more. It’s one of the few swaps that can now hurt the value of the car.. well that or a small block Ford.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ya...unless you are doing an M50 to turbo it or something. What's the point of the effort? All that work and didn't pay a few more bucks to put in an s50.
                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                COTM Aug 2019

                Comment


                  Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Meh. It’s an M50 swap. That’s about the going rate for them any more. It’s one of the few swaps that can now hurt the value of the car.. well that or a small block Ford.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Agreed the car looked in good condition I bet it would have pulled more with an M20.
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by staszek View Post
                    agreed the car looked in good condition i bet it would have pulled more with an m20.
                    +1
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

                    Comment


                      Probably would have, but that's a clean car for the money..
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:


                      WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                      Comment


                        Really makes me rethink removing the nicely done M50/ZF from my 318is and stuff another M42 in...
                        Portland, Oregon
                        E28M5 | E30S50 | E30M3

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                          Really makes me rethink removing the nicely done M50/ZF from my 318is and stuff another M42 in...
                          Given the prices 318is cars are going for these days that might not be a bad idea...
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Powling View Post
                            Given the prices 318is cars are going for these days that might not be a bad idea...
                            This is true. The car is not perfect and is higher miles, but it definitely seems like the way to go. Hmmm.
                            Portland, Oregon
                            E28M5 | E30S50 | E30M3

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              Meh. It’s an M50 swap. That’s about the going rate for them any more. It’s one of the few swaps that can now hurt the value of the car.. well that or a small block Ford.
                              At least the SBF can make the car more fun to drive without killing the car's balance if you mind the weight and toss the iron heads where they belong. If you put a stock mustang/truck 302 in there all bets are off :down: because stock the motor is absolutely crap.

                              I often wonder why anyone ever bothers with M50 swaps, it's a lot of work for added weight and barely any more power.

                              Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                              Really makes me rethink removing the nicely done M50/ZF from my 318is and stuff another M42 in...
                              M50 swaps are solidly 'meh' but imo unless you are regularly hitting tight downhills you're going to hate driving an M42 powered E30. NA 4 cylinder cars can be fun with revs or light weight, but the M42 doesn't rev (falls flat just after 6k) and the 318is isn't light in 4 cylinder world.
                              @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (18psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
                              [b u i l d]
                              [Car of the month: April 2018]

                              0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

                              Comment


                                Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

                                Originally posted by varg View Post
                                but the M42 doesn't rev (falls flat just after 6k) and the 318is isn't light in 4 cylinder world.

                                Originally posted by BAT community;
                                ...but baby M3!?!?



                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by djjerme; 06-25-2019, 09:21 AM.
                                1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                                2006 BMW X3
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X