This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an E30 but this 2002 is gorgeous

Bid for the chance to own a 1974 BMW 2002 Street/Vintage Racing Build at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #2,561.
    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
      Not an E30 but this 2002 is gorgeous

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-bmw-2002-12/
      saw that... 268bhp though?...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        saw that... 268bhp though?...
        The seller claims it makes 238 hp at 8,000 rpm, rated at the crank
        I think you read that wrong

*edit: should have read the comments first. looks like BaT corrected the listing

Comment

Even 230hp (at the crank) is way over reality. Even with all the other fancy bits, if he is running a 302 cam he would be very lucky to be at 165whp. Mr. Nelson has a long history of being rather generous with his hp estimates, so it's probably what he told the customer. Therefor, that misnomer can't really be held against the seller.

With a bit of work it will be a fantastic car.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Good lord, there was so much butthurt in the comments for the "Look at me" M3..

That's my biggest gripe with BAT now, people who bid on auctions think they have more rights then those that just comment. The whole point of BAT was to present cars for discussion amongst fellow gearheads. Sure they'll be opposing opinions, and outright flaming, but it's the internet.

My feeling is, the Seller CHOOSES to put a car on BAT, and as such, they have to accept the good AND the bad that comes with putting your car out there. That's what made it great..

Not to mention, just because you can AFFORD to buy one of the cars, doesn't mean you know anything about them.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              Good lord, there was so much butthurt in the comments for the "Look at me" M3..

That's my biggest gripe with BAT now, people who bid on auctions think they have more rights then those that just comment. The whole point of BAT was to present cars for discussion amongst fellow gearheads. Sure they'll be opposing opinions, and outright flaming, but it's the internet.

My feeling is, the Seller CHOOSES to put a car on BAT, and as such, they have to accept the good AND the bad that comes with putting your car out there. That's what made it great..

Not to mention, just because you can AFFORD to buy one of the cars, doesn't mean you know anything about them.
              You mean to tell me that Beiber DOESN'T know anything about his Lambo's or Ferrari's?!!
              Steve • Toronto
              1991 318is • Brillantrot
              Build Thread

Comment

No-reserve Touring is live!
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

BaT declined my E30 this time around lol it was accepted about a month ago with a 4500 reserve and I had some other stuff come up that I had to take care of before selling the car so I re-submitted it today. Their reason for declining it was "the overall condition of the car isn't what BaT normally accepts." I went on to state that the car was accepted about a month ago with a 4500 dollar reserve because, as the BaT representative put, the car is "highly original and very well presented." Ah well, my car is for sale.

/thread
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                    BaT declined my E30 this time around...

/rant
                    dont you dare declare an end to my thread :hitler:

Weird that they wouldnt accept it.... Why not just 5-speed swap it and enjoy the damn car. Its a nice example, leave it relatively stock (minus the slush box) and it will climb in value as stock examples become harder and harder to find
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

dont you dare declare an end to my thread :hitler:

Weird that they wouldnt accept it.... Why not just 5-speed swap it and enjoy the damn car. Its a nice example, leave it relatively stock (minus the slush box) and it will climb in value as stock examples become harder and harder to find
                      Oops, I don't know what my brain did.
                      I've made the mistake of driving Miata's and I'm ruined. Also I think I'm just ready for something new, car ADHD.
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

Either way, its going to be more desirable if it had 3 pedals
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

No-reserve Touring is live!
                          screw it, I'm in.
                          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I'd be very careful bidding on the touring that's listed: to properly deal with the rust I'm seeing would require new fenders and a new hatch, in addition to likely very extensive floor and door sill repairs. The heater core is leaking as well, and that's not a fun job to tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                              I'd be very careful bidding on the touring that's listed: to properly deal with the rust I'm seeing would require new fenders and a new hatch, in addition to likely very extensive floor and door sill repairs. The heater core is leaking as well, and that's not a fun job to tackle.
                              Im going to look again, but I didnt see the floor rust.

Another Red E30 M3 added to the list
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Even if it's a rusty POS (don't kid yourself, every euro car is now), if the price stays under a certain number I have in my head, it's still worth it to fix it.

Or just drive the snot out of it for now..

We have another Touring that already had all the rusty demons excised and will be making the show circuit on the west coast this next year. At least that's the plan ;)
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X