This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
    Which modifications prevent you from bidding on it? wheels, coilovers, painted side skirts, exhaust etc?
    Mainly the wheels, rolled fenders and low stance. Also the side skirts and valence don't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Musij View Post
      We discussed how most of us are young ( I'm 22). We may have decent jobs and some of us may be married and have an established budget and so on. However, I would bet that over half of us cannot spend 10k tomorrow on demand.
      Its actually way way way worse than that.

63% of Americans could not even cover an immediate 500 dollar expense.

Half of the US population has less than 1,000 dollars available (not including credit) at any one time.

=(
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        I think for the more "mature" buyer (Im being nice, ghrays) having a car with those mods leads them to believe that the car was treated a certain way. Oddly enough, I think the biggest detractor from the car is the exhaust as that makes the car really look like the car was just modded with the cheapest components VS quality. If it was an Remus or Stromung exhaust made for the M42 with properly bent piping and fitting, you wouldnt have those same drawbacks.

I think it was you who said in this particular cars r3v ad that the funniest comment you saw was "you lost me at rolled fenders" but that speaks to what the "mature" buyers are looking for and looking to avoid

edit: BTW theres another zinno M3 up now haha
        I hear you! how much more do you think this would bring in if the buyer spun the coils up to stock height, put some OEM basket weaves, replaced the butchered exhaust and put mtech I steering wheel on?

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          Its actually way way way worse than that.
          Thats the American Dream haha "dream"

Its funny that ghrays mentioned the valences and side skirts. I was debating whether to undercoat my rear valence like the OEM cars have done because I feel like it looks better with the white, but my thinking was that, the closer to OEM the better.

Of course my shortened coilovers and lightweight wheels are far from OEM and my "stance" is not for a daily driver, its for terrorizing Porsches at the track

I hear you! how much more do you think this would bring in if the buyer spun the coils up to stock height, put some OEM basket weaves, replaced the butchered exhaust and put mtech I steering wheel on?
          Lets see where it ends first, because you never know.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

At least $2000

Comment

ANOTHER E30! Holy crap! This is the most I've seen at one time. Nice touring from a super quick skim.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are a couple of mods I think add value to an E30:

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post
                  Here are a couple of mods I think add value to an E30:

On the black e30 - which mods are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post
                    Here are a couple of mods I think add value
                    not sure if serious....

Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It shouldn't be news to anyone that stock, low-mile cars will bring more money. Especially as e30s get older and those cars become rarer than the stanced/rolled/dorifto cars. Not to mention that the modded cars usually have more (bad) stories.

The best "mods" you can do if trying to sell a car are fix all the stupid little shit that's broken over the years. People notice the cracked seats, missing bits and bald tires. How bout fixing those instead of getting that crappy respray?
                      M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Black car- BBS wheels....rectangular rear view mirror and the lowered suspension. But mostly the rectangular rear view mirror.

M3- Smiley headlights.
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

hahaha!
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Actually I am very fond of the Nardi steering wheel.

And the smilies.

Comment

LOL i find it strange that one would let trivial things like wheels, ride height (on adjustable suspension), steering wheels and rolled fenders deter them from buying a car if it's clean. These things are so easily changed and are a matter of personal choice. I would think one would be more concerned about the holes left by the previously installed M tech 2 kit and how they were covered up, yet no one mentions it.

Ghrays, the black car you pictured is just as stanced if not moreso than the white car.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Man that 318is is very tempting at <7k. If I hadn't bought mine last month I would probably jump on it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X