Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bronzit 87is just popped back up locally http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5980451729.html

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      Not a bad looking Touring up now..

I'm not a huge fan of how it sits right now, makes the arse look big. In my eyes, a touring should have just a slight rake.
      It has a few nice options but I'd stay away from that one.

Some issues to note...

That re-drill looks dangerous!
      Rear bumper replaced with north american bumper - I guess it's possible that the marker lights were added when the car was imported to make it legal.
      Fender damage and rust
      Rocker panel rust
      Mould in the trunk
      intermittent "surface" rust above the rain gutters but no pictures
      92k miles is supposedly correct but the car is UK based and should read in KMs not miles - (apparently UK cars use miles and not km's. Thats weird, but I stand corrected here)
      Those holes in the trunk panels for the speakers

The seller doesn't seem to be very tuned in with the car, how do you forget that the car has a/c and go so far as to say it blows cold (edited now by BaT, but mentioned in comments)? He also says: "in my view someone took care and expense to do these wheels right"

And to top it all off the car is LHD.
      Last edited by iXguido; 01-30-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

All good points..

I guess I should look at the photos on something other then my smartphone with a completely cracked screen.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I don't know the specifics on the deal. But this was a local car to me before being sold to this seller? maybe not sure if its changed hands since or not but high bid was $15k on ebay maybe 6 months ago. In my opinion as iXguido stated the many things that either aren't stated or just not original would scare me and things like not taking the time to fill in the wheel holes and just drilling them??? That's really scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
            things like not taking the time to fill in the wheel holes and just drilling them??? That's really scary.
            I've never even seen this before!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
              I've never even seen this before!
              I've seen it before on stanceworks

Doesn't make it any less scary

Comment

The touring discussion is heading south quickly.. I'm sure it will hit 8 or possibly 10K even with all the issues pointed out, but DAAAAAAMN!
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

It seems to me that it's only really one or two people who are getting under the sellers skin. I've never seen a seller get flagged in their own listing before. I've posted pics of my cars and have had people mention very minor "flaws" or pick them apart somehow without actually having seen the car in person. I spent a lot of time resurrecting my 85 323i and all some people could talk about was how the front fenders don't match the rest of the car as they were changed by the PO and don't exactly match but are close enough for me. It pisses me off because much of the work goes unnoticed but I just take it as constructive criticism. If I were to sell a car on BAT, I'd be like take it or leave it. Here's pictures, here's a detailed description and if you still have questions I'll gladly answer. It's not like he's asking $30k. It's an auction, bid what you think the car is worth.

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    The touring discussion is heading south quickly.. I'm sure it will hit 8 or possibly 10K even with all the issues pointed out, but DAAAAAAMN!
                    I'm thinking the same thing.

No way that will hit reserve.

Seller didn't help the cause.
                    1991 318iC
                    1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

He's not doing himself any favors letting the needlers get under his skin, though I do see that guy's point about the description being a bit misleading. He just didn't stop there.

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      It's an auction, bid what you think the car is worth.
                      Yep, that's it in a nutshell.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

What bothered me most was the description of the car not matching the photos provided. I understand people saying "keep in mind these are 27 y.o. cars now so don't expect them to be perfect", no one would argue with that if the description had been a little more honest about the car.

In my opinion the guy cares more about how looks driving down the street, than having a clue about his car. I really don't think the seller was trying to hide anything, I think he just didn't know much about the car.

All of this just my $0.02, and based on the seller's comments

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          I've never seen a seller get flagged in their own listing before.
                          I just now saw that. May have seen it once before with a listing that degraded to name calling on both sides, but it is rare!

At some point as a seller you have to realize that EVERYONE is watching you and you should really treat every response like it's going to a potential customer..

He was a different person on his previous auction it seems (the white Alpina C2 2.7), maybe he's having a bad week?
                          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

It seems BAT is also adding their own description of the cars with "cold air conditioning" when there isn't any? Is that the seller misrepresenting the car or is that BAT embellishing? Seems strange they would make that assumption. Makes the seller look like he's doesn't have a clue.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I've sold a car on BAT.

They use a write up from the seller with minimal editing.
                              1991 318iC
                              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                                I'm thinking the same thing.

No way that will hit reserve.

Seller didn't help the cause.

Tuned in for the end of the auction I was way off.

Sold for $13,050.

Hope the new owner is happy.
                                It is a cool car if it's solid.
                                1991 318iC
                                1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Working...
                                X