This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the 1988 M3:

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,120.

Comment

Was amazed how much the Alpina B3 went for on BAT as it's not legal here in US yet and still drew 25k with slushbox.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Another 318is up today too.

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 318is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,152.
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

The Bronzit E28. :shock:
          1991 318iC
          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

The 318is looks nice in the pictures but I’d like to get an up close look at the restoration especially the corrosion areas.

Comment

Damn, the mythos of the 318is is getting better every listing.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                Damn, the mythos of the 318is is getting better every listing.
                dont forget the the "should've kept it" comment :rofl:

Originally posted by mrdeezy
                I sold my 318is on Bat a few months ago. It happened to sell for about 4-5k more than I expected. I thought I had just won on Price is Right and was jumping around with my friends when the bidding got to 16k. Today, I realize that I should have just kept the car. It was unique, fun, cheap to maintain. It could basically run forever. I should have just kept it.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  The seller on BAT stated they bought the M3 from Jim Powell, a long time BMW enthusiast/collector down in San Diego. Not sure how much that had to do with it but nothing surprises me anymore.
                  Jim powell... that sounds really familiar. I vaguely remember him having an estoril blue e36 me back in early 2000??

Comment

I do have to say - there is a bunch of want on BAT right now. That E24 ending today is taunting me. I doubt it will stay at that price, but damn..

Also, the LS powered Bavaria and that Bronzit E28. The E34 Alpina is also on my radar..

in the non-Bimmer arena - the Dodge Dart vert is sexy as hell. I owned a hard top version 20+ years ago, and I wish I had kept that one. As well the Datsun race car - I still love those little boxy things..
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

A little over a half hour left on the 318i vert and its at $7k. Will this one skyrocket into the high teens or will it just clear 10 and close out??
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

what's up with that '74 3.0CS. The patch in the spare tire well - I just can't stop noticing it. Looks really bad. It's not like you can't get at the area to run a well from the outside.. Probably the easiest patch you could do, but it looks like they just took a piece of metal, set it in there and ran a bead from the inside. Looks really shade tree.
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Not sure, but E9s started rusting the minute they were completed from the factory... its a shame how bad some of them are
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

It's part of the fuel economy - as the engine starts to wear and get worse gas mileage, the car "lightens" itself - so the perceived gas mileage stays the same..
                            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

The Vert stalled out at $10,500 and reserve not met. Wonder what they were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                                Wonder what they were looking for.
                                My guess would be around 15k

It is a nice car, but for me, this is the least desirable e30 configuration. m42/late model/vert.

If I were going to get an e30 vert, it would be an m20/early vert, which is exactly what I have :p

An m20's sound, plus no top = one very nice time.
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X