Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized that vinyl'd white m3 went for 42k....wow. Was not expecting that considering the mileage.
    Current:
    1989 325i
    1988 M3
    1987 325ic
    Past:
    2001 330ci
    2001 M3

Comment

Jesus, prices are really getting out of hand. No wonder I see beat 85 325e's up for sale at 4k. BaT is poisoning their minds!
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
        Seller posted.
        Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 318i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,100.

so all you vert haters quit yer bitchin. lol.
        Im not hating on verts, I just love the justification of the 318is deficiencies by calling it a baby M3
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Im not hating on verts, I just love the justification of the 318is deficiencies by calling it a baby M3
          The press and forums have been calling it that for a pretty long time.
          Obviously without the M3's homologation pedigree, but it sorta fit (more than any other car BMW has built before or since).
          Light, nimble 4 cylinder momentum car thats a blast to drive when you stay "in it" and drive it with momentum.
          The description has never bothered me.

What do you perceive to be the 318iS deficiencies?
          Jimmy P.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
          92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
          98 318Ti Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
            The 318ic that was bid to $10.5k just sold for $14k off auction.
            Very well bought.
            So the high bidder saw the car and ended up paying $14k off BAT? Must have been love at first sight.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
              Jesus, prices are really getting out of hand. No wonder I see beat 85 325e's up for sale at 4k. BaT is poisoning their minds!
              That ball was rolled down the hill by EAG.
              The BAT crowd is just picking up the pieces.
              The E30 M3 bubble / price spike (and any subsequent E30s towed along in its wake) can squarely be blamed on EAG.
              They single handedly ruined the E30M3 for enthusiasts who actually enjoy driving and racing them.
              Jimmy P.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
              98 318Ti Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                The E30 M3 bubble / price spike (and any subsequent E30s towed along in its wake) can squarely be blamed on EAG.
                They single handedly ruined the E30M3 for enthusiasts who actually enjoy driving and racing them.
                ^

I love the cars they obtain but any hopes of buying another m3 in the future is very dim. I am extremely lucky I got in right before things got nuts.
                Current:
                1989 325i
                1988 M3
                1987 325ic
                Past:
                2001 330ci
                2001 M3

Comment

The way the E30 M3 is priced now it's pointless to buy it for any reason other than collecting/staring at it. If you're looking for a car to actually enjoy driving there are plenty of choices which are better in every aspect apart from muh pedigree for less money.

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                  What do you perceive to be the 318iS deficiencies?
                  the M42 is a deficiency.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                    The way the E30 M3 is priced now it's pointless to buy it for any reason other than collecting/staring at it. If you're looking for a car to actually enjoy driving there are plenty of choices which are better in every aspect apart from muh pedigree for less money.
                    Like an M42 powered car, right?

Comment

the M42 is a deficiency.

Not so sure about that. I have an m20, m30 and m42 powered e30 and I have the most fun in the m42 car especially now that i got a chip in it. I just wind that thing up and its so much fun.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        Not so sure about that. I have an m20, m30 and m42 powered e30 and I have the most fun in the m42 car especially now that i got a chip in it. I just wind that thing up and its so much fun.
                        I think most M42 owners like to love the M42 partly because it's unloved. Varg has taken that a step further by M20 swapping his, just to show how much cooler he is than the rest of us.

Or he wanted power, but that can't be the case, because we know the 318is is just a mini M3...

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          I think most M42 owners like to love the M42 partly because it's unloved. Varg has taken that a step further by M20 swapping his, just to show how much cooler he is than the rest of us.

Or he wanted power, but that can't be the case, because we know the 318is is just a mini M3...

Lol i can say that once i get the turbo m20 in my mind may change but thats only until i do itb turbo on the m42

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            Close but you forgot the part where I turbocharged the M42, boosted the hell out of it for many thousands of miles, then swapped it for a turbo M20 :pimp:

All of the shit I give the M42 is deserved, I know the engine inside and out better than most people who actually like the M42 and tuned mine from scratch. It doesn't deserve any praise but it isn't garbage.
                            Last edited by varg; 12-02-2017, 08:00 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Close but you forgot the part where I turbocharged the M42, boosted the hell out of it for many thousands of miles, then swapped it for a turbo M20 :pimp:

All of the shit I give the M42 is deserved, I know the engine inside and out better than most people who actually like the M42 and tuned mine from scratch. It doesn't deserve any praise but it isn't garbage.

Hater

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

It doesn't deserve any praise but it isn't garbage.
                                Preach brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X