Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sexy Brilliantrot M-Tech2 vert is up now...
    I’d like to see this hit 15-20

Pretty sure it was offered here

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet M-Technic at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #9,399.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Sexy Brilliantrot M-Tech2 vert is up now...
      I’d like to see this hit 15-20

Pretty sure it was offered here

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...i-cabriolet-2/

So tempted to try to correct some of the wrong, ill-informed comments, but it'd be like a game of Whac-A-Mole.
      sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
        So tempted to try to correct some of the wrong, ill-informed comments, but it'd be like a game of Whac-A-Mole.
        Yea, I got sucked into that...
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Hey guys , remember that insane price someone “paid” for a vert? Turns out they didn’t actually pay for it... I really think BaT needs to figure out a way to get the buyers to pay otherwise sellers have zero protection, BaT gets their fee and ultimately people will lose confidence in selling with them

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #9,474.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Sweet

Always had a soft spot for that red MT2 vert. Really checks off all the bells and whistles. Unclear what that will fetch but I hope the seller makes a killing.

Comment

Hey guys , remember that insane price someone “paid” for a vert? Turns out they didn’t actually pay for it... I really think BaT needs to figure out a way to get the buyers to pay otherwise sellers have zero protection, BaT gets their fee and ultimately people will lose confidence in selling with them

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325ic-7-2/

Doesn't the buyer have to pay 5% of the final bid price? I would have thought that would be a big enough deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                Doesn't the buyer have to pay 5% of the final bid price? I would have thought that would be a big enough deterrent.
                Yup and apparently he did this on 3 cars so he lost thousands, but 3 sellers got nothing out of the deal except a bad experience
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Buyers can file a chargeback with their Credit card company. more than likely he didn't pay a dollar to BAT.

Comment

Originally posted by amg463 View Post
                    Buyers can file a chargeback with their Credit card company. more than likely he didn't pay a dollar to BAT.
                    Im pretty sure they cover their own asses in their T&C when you place a bid that its non-refundable if you win an auction. They should have more protections in place for the sellers too
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325ic-7-2/
                      10/10 agreed. I have lost complete confidence with them and will share my story everywhere I can. What an absolute joke of a site.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        10/10 agreed. I have lost complete confidence with them and will share my story everywhere I can. What an absolute joke of a site.

Do tell. Does it have to so with the e30 you sold?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

This happens to a shocking # of cars on BaT. Good thing so many people pay attention to it as an indicator on market values.

I see it similar to the real estate market now, I sold my house recently and found that the "offer" price is really just a get your foot in the door price, and means little else aside from getting you a spot in line to buy. Seems to be the same for BaT except no one knows the outcome and the line is cut off as soon as the auction ends
                          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

unfortunately credit card companies rarely side with merchants when it comes to disputes. no matter the terms and conditions.

Comment

Mtech2 did quite well closing at $24k

and now a white M3 pops up thats not from Japan
                              Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #9,520.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Mtech2 did quite well closing at $24k

and now a white M3 pops up thats not from Japan
                                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-30/
                                HMMM alpine white ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X