Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I just got priced out with the $20k bid.. kinda miffed. I'm still waiting for answers to my current questions. I may reconsider.

then again, I kept telling myself the miles are too low to really enjoy the car.

still looking for a low mile calypso 5 speed vert, preferably a 91 diving board car so I can just re-execute my euro conversion and mtech1 on it. Or... I can just put substantially less in additional $$ into my existing car and just reset the damn odo :-)

really couldn't give a damn less what the 'value' is.

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
    Man that car is mint. Has anyone seen the records proving the mileage?
    @cory58 seller bought the car in 2016. claims to have winter storage records going way back that show current mileage every year.
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Serious question... what are the chances this has the higher compression eta pistons?
      There was a 10.2 compression as well. If it has the factory installed cat, it's the 9.0:1 motor. Ask him for the engine #'s stamped into the ID plate. It's in the engine compartment behind the PS headlight.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sh View Post
        There was a 10.2 compression as well. If it has the factory installed cat, it's the 9.0:1 motor. Ask him for the engine #'s stamped into the ID plate. It's in the engine compartment behind the PS headlight.
        Looks like theres a cat... I also attached the plate you were talking about.
        Attached Files
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
          @cory58 seller bought the car in 2016. claims to have winter storage records going way back that show current mileage every year.

I did see the comment about storage records but didn't catch the part about showing mileage.

I agree - not only would I be scared to drive it, but I would be scared to park it in my working garage. It really should be in a collector's garage where tools, ladders, kids, lawnmowers, etc. can't accidentally damage it.

As much as I believe Bimmers should be driven, I hope someone buys this one and parks it.

Cory
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

then again, I kept telling myself the miles are too low to really enjoy the car.

How much do you drive your convertible?
            I'm lucky if we put 1k miles a year on ours.
            Short summer season, work, other cars, etc.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
              I agree - not only would I be scared to drive it, but I would be scared to park it in my working garage. It really should be in a collector's garage where tools, ladders, kids, lawnmowers, etc. can't accidentally damage it.
              Spot on. My current cars 5 new garage dents and scratches are living proof.
              If only the car had 75k miles on it...

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                How much do you drive your convertible?
                I'm lucky if we put 1k miles a year on ours.
                Short summer season, work, other cars, etc.
                17k miles in 7 years... so I guess it would still be a 32k mike car in 2025 haha. Probably less because I’d trailer it to out of town events fo sho. Was planning to mothball the interior and disconnect the top mechanism lol.. my current verts interior is better anyway
                Last edited by bradnic; 11-14-2018, 11:52 AM.

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

17k miles in 7 years... so I guess it would still be a 32k mike car in 2025 haha. Probably less because I’d trailer it to out of town events fo sho. Was planning to mothball the interior and disconnect the top mechanism lol.. my current verts interior is better anyway

Your current vert interior is insane.

That is where I was going with that. If you use it as a summer car it will remain low mileage.
                  1991 318iC
                  1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

In the end the collector premium and potential garage damage risk just isn’t worth it. My current car when done will be exactly what the wife and I want. It looks great, drives great and as long as I pay Hagerty it’s hopefully insured for what it would take to replicate it should the unthinkable ever happen

I still want a lower mile calypso db car though :-). It just needs to have a smaller collector premium than this one.

If the BaT car wasn’t calypsorot with factory LSD and heated seats I wouldn’t have bid on it. I’m better off taking the collector premium and building out the stroker, re-doing the synchros and do the glass out repaint. It’s unlikely I’d ever get back what I put into it due to mileage, but I honestly could not give a damn less

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

In the end the collector premium and potential garage damage risk just isn’t worth it.
                      So I went ahead and bid again. lol

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

6800 for a 318is almost seems reasonable.

Comment

So I went ahead and bid again. lol
                          lol I feel ya!!The emotional tug is strong with this one. I recently overpaid for an iX based on market value but underpaid based on the non-rational "got to have it" fun factor.

Comment

some ^%$#% just posted saying it would go above $30K.. not from my wallet
                            at this point the rational part of your brain comes in and tells you to keep your high mile rust free doppelgänger vert, buy a built out 3.2 metric mechanic motor and custom geared G260 instead...
                            Last edited by bradnic; 11-16-2018, 10:05 AM.

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

That car is price right around $22k but honestly a bit on the rich side for most enthusiasts. Remember, not everyone values verts.

My feeling is that the winner will not be paying the tab on this car if it exceeds that price after reality sets in. This is especially true if it hits $25k.

I hope someone is not propping the sale with fake bids.

"0-60 freak" got that auto bronzit for $13k? with 33,000 miles at that auction. Of course this is an entirely different car but still.

Good luck with the sale. At that price, most would opt for an MT2 which is why I think this should hold at $22k.

Dont be surprise if this gets relisted.
                              Last edited by Javier h; 11-16-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I will say, if you’re going to go all in, that looks like a decent one to do it on. Seller looks to be honest about what they had to do with it due to low miles (exhaust..etc).

I’m not seeing a lot of stuff trying to be hidden, so it very well could set a high point for stock verts.

Sorry man, I know you wanted to get a deal on it. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X