This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
    I really don't understand why anyone would bid early other than to build up credibility on their profile (I've done this too).
    lol.. I'll admit, I've done that too on a few. But mainly to drive interest in cars I'd really like to see do well.

I think the seller on the Touring is misunderstanding the differences between R3V and BAT. The majority of the people here want to see his touring sell for good money - it helps the values of our cars (raising tide and all that sh*t), but at the same time, I think he got a little overzealous with posting here about the car, and we all got a little numb to it (or in some cases annoyed). It's not like the crowd here doesn't know who ACS is or the importance. We're fully aware of it being something special. So for a casual observe it seems like you are being a bit argumentative for the sake of arguing. You really don't need to prove anything to us to be honest - and many of us would have been cool with just a "Readers Ride" post about it and all the research you did. (It'd also make it easier to keep track of the history.)

But also understand many here are not just dumb kids with no money or experience in buying and selling E30's. Much of what has been pointed out in the end would help you sell the car for more money. You should smile, nod, say thank you, and then look at how you can use these tips to improve your auction results. You've got two days left and your auction is being beat by a high mileage, repainted 318is and an S52 swap - keep focus on your end goal.

BAT doesn't give two sh*ts who it sells to or if you get your ideal amount, so it really is in your best interest to take as much experience and advice from those who have had success and be a bit more engaging on the auction. I see two comments already about being just pointed to photos and a couple links to webpages when they really could have used just a simple answer.

Like I said before, most here want to see E30's prices remain positive.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I've noticed many go on BAT auctions just for the real time comments (I do) to either learn something about that model or just engage in banter. Either way, this brings more potential bidders when it's fun for everyone and if the seller is forthright, they'll trust him more vs someone who says very little. Although it's an auction, sellers still have to sell the car.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I think you did a good job of describing a lot of the facts in your documentation, but I'm unsure of how maybe people actually make it to picture 360. If there was any way that you could get an ACS expert or somebody to comment on the auction I think it would go a long long way. Or, someone to speculate at the value. Unfortunately, I think most people are like me and have zero idea what this is worth. So they probably conclude it's the value of a touring with a slight premium and then start to nitpick all the things they want to change...
        Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
        COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Damn does this dealer get his hands on some amazing e30s.

I'd take this beauty in a heartbeat.
          90 Bronzit 325is
          16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 1998 BMW M3 Coupe 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,136.

Moral of the story, don’t do shady sh*t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

That s52 swap should easily pass 20k, it’s super clean.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-bmw-m3-37/

Moral of the story, don’t do shady sh*t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Hahah the photos of him checking the paint a notecards width away from the brick wall.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Ygtbsm1969
                  Not a dealer just a lover of a car, that pays for the hobby.
                  Don't get the IRS up my ASS OK!
                  Whoops sorry!

Meant to say "BMW Sanctuary"

EDIT - I thought this was the guy in Colorado that auctions off all those sweet Bimmers. Maybe it's not. I see this car is in Vancouver BC.
                  90 Bronzit 325is
                  16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                    That s52 swap should easily pass 20k, it’s super clean.
                    Yeah, Im not usually a fan of black cars, but thats a beauty.
                    A serious 1%'er of most of the swapped E30s out there (although I'd still love some more close and detailed pics of the engine compartment, wiring, underside, etc.

Anyone know what is going on with that appendage on the left side of the trans?

I assume that car is going to go for a pretty respectable number.
                    Jimmy P.
                    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                    98 318Ti Morea Green
                    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Can anyone confirm that 225/50/15 front tires fit without rubbing?

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

Yes. I ran those on my M tech 2 vert.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Perfect, thanks.

Comment

Yup. Ran that size on pretty much everything I've own. It's the PRO3 tire size and I have put my race wheels on several different cars.
                            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Just bought a set of Kuhmos in that size.

Comment

Originally posted by Ygtbsm1969
                                I think I screwed up linking The Wall to the auction. :( probable outside exploring and think there Christopher Columbus.

Maybe they figured out you can buy e30's at a fourth to half the cost of BAT on r3v!
                                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X