This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
    Im glad that you asked that question,,, I wasnt going to because Im not a player in the auction, so usually dont ask questions.

I was wondering how he was getting tire rub with such itty bitty tires on it, then his answer to you made it clear. They have got the fucking tires pushed out so far thinking "wide body is cool" they are taking tire away.

Not a good plan to me. Put the right wheels on that car and you can run 225 Hoosiers which are pretty wide for a 225.

That thing is an OK starting point in that the bull work is done, but I'd have to immediately trash the "cage" with its pool noodles and that whole wheel, control arm, spacer setup and get back to square one of making an E30 handle.

Well, I bought the car and am now grappling with that question.

Started a thread (more first i g mass versus spacers) but didn’t get a discussion going.

Front track is 1” wider than rear. So will always need a spacer or run a different offset in the rear.
    The 15” don’t clear the caliper but only weigh 12.5lbs versus a 17” rim that’s 18lbs (or more of I go cheap).

First world problems. Will figure this out after the cage and fire suppression install.

Comment

Originally posted by kaivball View Post

Started a thread (more first i g mass versus spacers) but didn’t get a discussion going.

Front track is 1” wider than rear. So will always need a spacer or run a different offset in the rear.
      The 15” don’t clear the caliper but only weigh 12.5lbs versus a 17” rim that’s 18lbs (or more of I go cheap).

First world problems. Will figure this out after the cage and fire suppression install.
      Glad you came over here. I think the car was well bought and with some TLC you will have quite a car on your hands.

Please start a thread in the members rides so we can follow along.

As far as the wheels go, I think the design is to blame and there are better wheels out there. I personally have run and still own a set of SSR Type C wheels, they are 16x7 and weigh 11# each. When I had the Aluminum Monster, my dream rear wheel was a 17x7.5 SSR that was nearly impossible to find. but you never know...

Where are you located? I think youre in NorCal, if you are ever down here in SoCal you can test fit the wheels to see if they clear the brakes... also check your inbox ;)
      Simon
      Current Car:
      -2003 Mini Cooper R50
      Previous Car Count : 24 ... and climbing...

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by kaivball View Post

Glad to see you signed up here. This site is a good resource for all E30 owners.
        If what I remember reading in the auction is true, that thing has E46 FLCA.
        From what I have heard about that mod is it adds alot of width to the front track.
        I'd be taking those off while I was taking out the bolt in cage.
        Put some correct E30 LCA on it and get back to all the wheels being the same offset.
        Jimmy P.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
        92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
        98 318Ti Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

I still stand behind my assessment it was a decent starting platform for a more serious racecar. If I hadn't just bought another racecar last month, I would have been all over it.
          1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
          2006 BMW X3
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            That one came out of nowhere - why have I not heard about it until now?!!

;)
            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
            2006 BMW X3

Comment

24v swapped car ends today. $19k so far!
              Simon
              Current Car:
              -2003 Mini Cooper R50

Comment

Hmm should I list my Vert now or wait till March 1?
                - Frank
                '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Originally posted by achtunge30 View Post
                  Hmm should I list my Vert now or wait till March 1?
                  Id wait a little bit until the country isnt snowed in and most people have gotten tax returns... but thats just my opinion haha
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2003 Mini Cooper R50

Comment

Man. The BAT auction of my 996 was painful...but I guess I brought that on myself by posting a DME report with over-revs. It's worth it though, I think BAT definitely brings you more money. If I ever sell my e30 that will be the venue.
                    Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

I don’t know the Porsche market, but looks like it worked out with the guy being local and you getting paid immediately.

My buddy who sold an 850 on BAT had the same thing happen, sold local, winner picked up the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                      2006 BMW X3

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325is-35/

This one will be interesting to watch. See how much low miles can carry a car. Automatic, tan cloth interior (is this worse or better than tan leather I dont know), and bronzit...

Comment

You can tell the old school E30 guys vs. the BAT speculators. One sees a low mile E30 and creams their jeans about sealing it in a garage and bragging about it being a time capsule. The other group: “but it’s bronzit on tan..”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                          2006 BMW X3

Comment

working on compiling the 2018 numbers... appears to be a quite a few more than the year before...
                            Simon
                            Current Car:
                            -2003 Mini Cooper R50

Comment

Ok, heres the totals from 2018....

2018 List: 104 E30s sold

Average of E30s, not including M3s $12,186 (Up from $11,029)

Average price, by model:

M3 (24) = $49,688 (Up from $40,630)
                              318is (7) = $11,144 (Down from $12,562, also a lot less cars sold)
                              325is (8) = $10,216 (Down from $11,921, and yes I corrected the 1990 "325iS" cars)
                              325i (12) = $11,907 (Up from $8,890) **Helped because of the Mtech2 cars**
                              325e (5) = $5,491 (New category)
                              Convertible (17) = $12,660 (3x the verts sold, price was flat though 12,667)
                              Touring (2) = $16,625 (Up, but a small pool)
                              Swapped (11)= $18,517 (Up by a good amount, $12,041)
                              iX (9) = $9,292 (Flat. $9,164)
                              Other (9) = $13,186

Random facts:

In 2018, 23 cars didnt hit reserve! (18% of total)
                              In 2017, 16 cars didnt hit reserve. (18% of total)

An overall increase from 90 cars in 2017 to nearly 130 in 2018...
                              Simon
                              Current Car:
                              -2003 Mini Cooper R50

Comment

That's a lot of cars and that number will keep going up as well. I'm curious, what are the "other" E30 models?
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                                X