This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I dont know, they are definitely loosening their rules. There was a "special edition" Cayman that went up twice, both times with a reserve and didnt hit reserve either time
    At this point I think they are just in it to get as much money from the market as possible for as long as they can.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

1991 M-Tech2 Convertible
      Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet M-Technic 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,262.
      Attached Files
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
        Im betting he was looking for $50K.
        Everyone thinks their E30M3 is now worth $50K because some nice ones sell for that. They really believe they are all worth $50K.

Its like this vision they see every time they look at the car in their garage, they imagine a $50K check.

I really wish this bubble would burst like the Hindenburg.
        I mean they are slow, torque-less 4 cylinders with very fragile and unbelievably expensive engines, that no one can work on that require constant maintenance. I cant see why anyone would ever want one. Completely overrated.
        You should write a article for jalopnik. Websites like that bring the hype and then hopefully prices will come down.
        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Dammit,,, that is beautiful.
          Jimmy P.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
          92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
          98 318Ti Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

1988 325iX
            Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW 325iX 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,286.

but look at this thing....

Bid for the chance to own a S38-Powered 1987 BMW 535is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,296.
            Attached Files
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

That 535is looks like a great way to get into a E28 m5 without paying as much.
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Holy crap that 535 is great.
                Jimmy P.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                98 318Ti Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

1988 325iX
                  Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW 325iX 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,286.

Clean iX. And it's in Ennis, which isn't too far from me. Like he says in the comments, too clean for Montana roads lol.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I know that white 325ix very well.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That mtech Vert is a member here, and a stunning car. It will be interesting to see how high it goes.

Comment

I won my 89 325is last fall and drove it 2000 miles home. Paid just over $10k and wouldn’t sell for $20k. BaT’s detailed discription, photos, and discussion gave me a lot of confidence. They seem to curate the cars and sellers pretty well. The discussion group has a very critical eye and tends to dogpile shady cars.

I recommend bidding but be careful... it’s very addictive. There’s a lot of cold sweat when the clock starts ticking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Tollroad_Playground View Post
                          I won my 89 325is last fall and drove it 2000 miles home. Paid just over $10k and wouldn’t sell for $20k. BaT’s detailed discription, photos, and discussion gave me a lot of confidence. They seem to curate the cars and sellers pretty well. The discussion group has a very critical eye and tends to dogpile shady cars.

I recommend bidding but be careful... it’s very addictive. There’s a lot of cold sweat when the clock starts ticking down.
                          which one is yours? Bronzit 89?
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Tollroad_Playground View Post

Curating cars / owners and vetting cars / owners is a very different thing. Yes I agree they do have an eccentric selection of stuff from day to day, but there are a lot of horror stories (especially these days) of people getting screwed by shady cars and shady sellers.

IMHO - as long as the seller discloses flaws with the cars UPFRONT and doesn't try to pull the wool over potential buyers eyes then I don't see anything wrong with selling cars on BAT that have flaws...but if they advertise them as PRISTINE examples, when they clearly aren't then I have a problem with it.

If I had the money to buy a car from BAT that I really wanted, I probably would. But I'd be spending DAYS doing research and double checking everything before being confident enough to bid.
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Every time someone mentions how they vet the sellers, I just have to say:

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2007 BMW 116i 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,979.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered 1987 BMW 325iC 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,330.
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X