You know the e30 is getting old when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know the e30 is getting old when...

In the spirit of the old “You know you are an E30 owner when......” thread, I thought I’d make a follow up version. Hopefully it gets a few laughs from the people who’ve seen the community change over the years.

You know the e30 is getting old when:

...You did not “just say no to Bronzit” because that was the cleanest example you could find.

...205-55-15 performance tires are a distant memory.

...Having a stock radio is now desirable.

...The worst 4-letter word becomes RUST.

...Finding an m20 or m42 in the engine bay becomes more uncommon than a 24v.

...You don’t blink an eye buying a car with over 200,000 miles and a broken odometer.

...The junkyard becomes a tough place to come by spare parts.

...The e36 is moved into the classic section of RealOEM.

:)

e30s were already "old" like 10 years ago.

I'm hoping e36s start getting the same appreciation e30s do.
    My Feedback

Comment

...your front seats are fucked and seats from an older merc are perfect.
      Boris - 89 E30 325i
      84- E30 323i

Comment

Ah MBTex - it's indestructible. Why isn't there BMWTex!

You know your e30 is old when the top bearing in your steering column makes loud moaning sounds each time you make hard U-Turns because your car has done more than 360000km (but the odometer is stuck at 204000km & the car is still is very clean otherwise :D )
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

...all your doors creak because the grease has long since dried out and disappeared.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

When driving a modern vehicle you struggle to locate the weather band function..

Comment

When I look in the mirror and realize how my car and I are growing old together;) Nah...too poetic. More like, when your wife refuses to get in the car to go anywhere with you.

Comment

Your rear view mirror falls off.
                "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                  when your wife refuses to get in the car to go anywhere with you.
                  True - although it goes further and you also have a drive of her new Hyundai Elantra and realise it's quicker, much more comfortable and have to begrudgingly admit that it's nearly as entertaining to drive everywhere except when you take the e30 to the track, even though it's FWD...
                  My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                    When I look in the mirror and realize how my car and I are growing old together;) Nah...too poetic. More like, when your wife refuses to get in the car to go anywhere with you.
                    You're doing it wrong, sir.

My girl came from a family of people who couldn't care much less about cars, and now she's a member here with her own project thread. ;D

...you still pull rusty parts off of parts cars because they're better than nearly anything else you'll find and the part just can't be sourced new anymore.

...you can import one into the United States without much paperwork and hassle.

...it's usually the oldest car in the parking lot.

Comment

...when most of your local parts stores tell you that sealed beams are discontinued
                      sigpic
                      1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Diving boards. Say no more.
                        Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

You know the e30 is getting old when you can go to the DMV and register it as an antique and enjoy $200/year insurance while actually being able to insure it for what its worth.

Comment

You know the e30 is getting old when car collectors are snapping up e30 m3's.

You know when people are stupid, when someone lists their 4 door bronzit eta with cut springs and "drift stitches" for 10k.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

...The e36 is moved into the classic section of RealOEM.
                              yeah, that one made me feel it.

You realize that there are now as many spare parts still available for the 2002
                              as for the E30...

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                              X