No announcement yet.

The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved episode three, my wife was chuckling quite a bit and my son loved the cars.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
      ....and my son loved the cars.
      Early indoctrination. :p
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Clarksons attempt to speak Romanian at the end had me dying.
        1990 Alpine 325is
        1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Yeah, Episode 3 was great. We all had laughs throughout the entire episode. I'm so glad it wasn't shit like 2, because honestly I was ready to give up on it. This was great, I hope the rest are like this.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

I need to get my Amazon Prime checked out, because I don't think it's working right. I must not be watching the same entertaining show as the rest of you.

Just to be sure, this third episode, is the one that:

Hammond brings along 2 semis full of (rear) tires so he can do burnouts. File that under hyperbole (along with most of everything they've ever done).

Despite having 2 semis, Hammond has to cut his nice portrait in half to strap to the driver side of his Hellcat. File that under plot hole and idiocy.

Clarkson's rust-orange car is repeatedly called brown. Filed under color-blindness.

Clarkson wears friendship bracelets? Isn't he 60 years old? This is a man who when he laughs you see his yellow teeth and hear the emphysema in his breath.

Clarkson's house demolition. Whatever. So now he's homeless because he lost a bet? Riiiight.

Clarkson's gypsy-powered septic tank cycle was just bizarre.

God, I know I'm being a nag about this, but it does feels good to vent about each hour I've wasted on this new show. Seriously, I'll stop now. At least, I'm really going to try to be more positive.
            '91 325i

Comment

Any of you guys familiar with Doug DeMuro's columns on Jalopnik? I think he's gone independent recently. Anyway, do you all think he's as funny as he thinks he is? I find his humor similar to Grand Tour.

Come to think of it, as much as I like cars, I don't think I like any modern car groups and clubs (outside of the club racing I do). Never felt a desire to join any clubs or go to any meets. Furthermore, the most entertaining car and motorcycle writer I've read was Peter Egan.

Trying to be introspective here about my negativity.
              '91 325i

Comment

I gotta be honest, I didn't think Ep. 2 was as bad as you guys are saying, and I also didn't think Ep. 3 was all that good. The things they had Hammond do were just stupid, and the joke ran way too long, much like the military bit in Ep. 2. And Jeremy's Aston was definitely not brown.

Celebrity brain drain/crash needs to go, as does Hammond's beard.

It's still probably the best car show on TV, but I was hoping for more change in format. Top Gear had been getting stale for a few years before it ended.

As for Doug DeMuro, I don't read his articles, but I've seen a few of his youtube videos, and was not impressed. I once tried a local car meet here, but it was terrible. A bunch of people standing around in a parking lot showing off their shitty cars. No I'm not just being mean. Most of them were shitty 240SXs or unremarkable new cars with wheels and an exhaust.

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                Clarkson's house demolition. Whatever. So now he's homeless because he lost a bet? Riiiight.
                I'm glad you mentioned that. No, he's not homeless, but yes, that really was his house. It's a massive piece of land that he bought it several years ago, and he has been planning to tear it down (and has had permission to do so for a few years) and build a new house for ages.

As someone that loves old houses, I'm pretty disappointed to see him tear down what could have been a really nice old stone house. Shame. At least the plans for the new house look good, but still sad to lose a house that had stood so long, only to meet its demise by someone who didn't like it and wanted a bigger one.
                Last edited by rturbo 930; 12-03-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Clarkson comes from a family of wealth.

He has far more than one lowly house...trust me.
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I'm so much more a fan of cruises. Meets are like a giant awkward circle jerk. It would probably be less awkward if everyone didn't keep their clothes on.

Swap meets are cool unless you go to an old saab swap meet where everyone is trying to sell the same set of wheels. Then it starts to get weird.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                      Swap meets are cool unless you go to an old saab swap meet where everyone is trying to sell the same set of wheels. Then it starts to get weird.
                      SPG 3 spoke wheels? Those do confuse the boner.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                        Pedantic nitpicking
                        If it's not entertaining you, the solution should be obvious.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          As someone that loves old houses, I'm pretty disappointed to see him tear down what could have been a really nice old stone house. Shame. At least the plans for the new house look good, but still sad to lose a house that had stood so long, only to meet its demise by someone who didn't like it and wanted a bigger one.
                          I'm currently in the process of helping my dad remodel an old house and I can definitely tell you that it's better to just tear the whole thing down and rebuild. Old houses are just a big crumbling pita.

On topic: I liked episode three.
                          My Feedback

Comment

How does someone with such tiny legs have such a massive gut?

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                              I'm currently in the process of helping my dad remodel an old house and I can definitely tell you that it's better to just tear the whole thing down and rebuild. Old houses are just a big crumbling pita.
                              You know, the same could be said about old cars, but here we are posting on a forum for old BMWs ;)

If an old house was poorly built or poorly maintained then yes, it can be a real headache, but otherwise, it's really no different than an antique car. A bit more maintenance, but more rewarding because generally the people who own them love them. That being said, earlier this year my parents sold a large ~180 year old building that my dad inherited, and it was undeniably a crumbling mess. Quite a few things about the way that place was built that make you go ...what the fuck...

Comment

I loved episode 3, I was getting worried
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X