The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
    Seeing Jeremy visually emotional made me tear up.

Damn you Clarkson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you weren't alone... my wife and I were with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by squidrope View Post
      you weren't alone... my wife and I were with ya.
      Same with my wife and I as well. :( I need my Clarkson/Hammond/May fix after how long I've followed them. Interested to see where this goes. I know everyone and their mother has a youtube channel on car reviews now, but I need the silly antics. It's immature, and too scripted.....but I love it. lol
      ------------------------------------------------------
      1982 528e - Sold
      1987 325e - Totalled
      1990 325is - Sold
      1997 540i6 - Sold
      1991 325ic - Sold
      2013 335i - Sold
      2005 X5 - Daily
      1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Anybody check out the new episode? I absolutely loved it. And Props to them for rebuilding a piece of history!

I am a boater myself, and was a little hesitant when I read the description, but it was absolutely brilliant.

I got chills, I felt concerned, and I laughed my ass off a few times. Then they finished up with a stab at BBC. Awesome.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Didn't know it was back on.
          Thanks for the heads-up!
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

In an interview May said that season 4 is only going to be a 2 episode season, with the second one airing around the spring.

I was pretty bummed but the boat one was pretty good.
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

They aren't doing normal episodes anymore, only long "special" episodes.

Comment

I too am a bit sad about just two episodes per year, though they are 1.5 hours or so each (hopefully).

Definitely be more satisfied with 4 episodes, but you can tell the guys are getting older. Clarkson's hands often shake visibly. Not a good sign.

That being said, I was still rapt with excitement during the boating episode. Very fulfilling and satisfying, even without any cars. They make a great group, taking off on adventures that simply are not repeatable, by anyone.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Id like one episode of them going full retard on their own love, trimmed into a 90 minute episode.

Lets think about what they would do:
                  -Jeremy: Getting drunk on a beach and getting fat
                  -James: Writing a book about old planes
                  -Richard: BTCC V8 Racing and always crashing
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I gave my negative reviews back in the day; the first few shows were awful. Now that it's been a while, how has it aged? Any ongoing love for Clarkson et al?
                    '91 325i

Comment

It was sometimes funny, often felt forced, won't really miss it when it's gone.

Comment

I don't think I ever finished the first season. I was getting tired of Top Gear for the reasons stated above. It was losing its organic feel and starting to feel really scripted with forced gags. They basically started playing caricatures of themselves, which is not what made them popular to begin with.

Comment

I gave my negative reviews on the show back in 2016, and it pissed off a bunch of fanboys. LOL.

Is this site in general still active?
                          '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post

Is this site in general still active?
                            Yes, growing a bit even.

----------------

I enjoyed a couple of them, but agree with the points above. The end of one of the specials that had them go into a village where everything was "American" but Chinese, that was a clever plot twist.

Frankly, I've enjoyed Clarkson's Farm more than the Grand Tour.

Comment

Oh yeah Clarkson's farm is awesome. I love TG and the GT but Clarkson's farm wins easy.

Comment

I miss the old TG days, the grand tour just didn't hit the same.

I watched the first season of Clarkson's farm, didn't realize it was still going. Guess I'll have to give it a watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X