The e30 gods have punished me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Deschutes IPA.

In med-school I roomed with a guy from Bend.

Seemed like a really nice place, east of the mountains so gets a lot of sun, close to resorts, not too far from the beach/Portland.

Poor job market though as it's a very desirable location.

Comment

Yeah, I hate it. Ive lived here for 16 years. Everyone likes lifted trucks and it's impossible to find people into low cars. The roads are so shitty that my e30 which isn't even very low scrapes on a bunch of roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wasn't it known for mountain biking? and thats why the deschutes beers are mountain biking names, ie Chainbreaker IPA.

Comment

Burn it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
            Yeah, I hate it. Ive lived here for 16 years. Everyone likes lifted trucks and it's impossible to find people into low cars. The roads are so shitty that my e30 which isn't even very low scrapes on a bunch of roads.

Are low cars your only interest?
            I know there are people into cars in Bend.

If you have any interest in the outdoors Bend is awesome.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
              Wasn't it known for mountain biking? and thats why the deschutes beers are mountain biking names, ie Chainbreaker IPA.

Yea, I used to be into all that bend type stuff. The chainbreaker is a mountain bike race that my dad's friend actually runs. I've raced in it a couple times. I used to be super into skiing too, but I lost interest in all that stuff.

Comment

Must suck to live in "Beer Town USA" as a high schooler.

OP- I once bought an E39 M5 sight unseen and shipped it out from Indiana, the first time I laid eyes on the car was when it rolled off the transport. We've all done stupid stuff, just learn from your mistakes and don't make them again.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Yep, we were named beer town USA a couple years back. There is a ton of brewerys here. Deschutes being the largest.

ONly Beer of theirs I've tried was the Black Butte.

Usually I don't like that style, but that one was exceptional
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

all 4 mechanic shops that car have been to have all told me, you don't want anything to do with this car. All of them have said sell it.
                    Just so you know, that advice is usually followed by the mechanic offering you a low amount of money for it so he can then fix it up for cheap and flip it. Or just relist it without discretion and let someone else fill your shoes. I wouldn't doubt if that's exactly what happened to you.

Here's some real advice OP. Your character is determined not by what happens to you in life, but by how you deal with it.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I think the OP is doing the right move by not wanting to keep the car. He messed up, he knows it, and wants out of debt. He's not proving anything to anyone by keeping the car and fixing it.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                        Just so you know, that advice is usually followed by the mechanic offering you a low amount of money for it so he can then fix it up for cheap and flip it. Or just relist it without discretion and let someone else fill your shoes. I wouldn't doubt if that's exactly what happened to you.

Here's some real advice OP. Your character is determined not by what happens to you in life, but by how you deal with it.

The mechanic who has been doing most of the work for me used to be a tech at BMW of Anaheim. He worked there until 2014 so he is very experienced with F30's. He now works at an independent shop in Bend. He still has all of his diagnostic tools from the dealership. He has done most everything that he can for me for free. I know he has put more than 10 hours into the car and also got it in to BMW of bend for free. I trust his word more than anything. He has helped way more then needed. When he tells me not to keep it, I trust that. He doesn't want to buy the car that is for sure.

Comment

The mechanic who has been doing most of the work for me used to be a tech at BMW of Anaheim. He worked there until 2014 so he is very experienced with F30's. He now works at an independent shop in Bend. He still has all of his diagnostic tools from the dealership. He has done most everything that he can for me for free. I know he has put more than 10 hours into the car and also got it in to BMW of bend for free. I trust his word more than anything. He has helped way more then needed. When he tells me not to keep it, I trust that. He doesn't want to buy the car that is for sure.

I hope you're not trusting him as much as you trusted the used car dealer.
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                            I hope you're not trusting him as much as you trusted the used car dealer.

I am trusting him. He has helped all along the way. Besides he's not trying to sell me anything or charge me for his services.

I guess I'm kind of just learning something that it seems all you guys already know. Trust no one, that's pretty shitty, but how it is......

Comment

I am trusting him. He has helped all along the way. Besides he's not trying to sell me anything or charge me for his services.

I guess I'm kind of just learning something that it seems all you guys already know. Trust no one, that's pretty shitty, but how it is......

We're not saying trust no one, just be weary of who you trust. Have your guard up and if a deal seems too goo to be true, it usually is.

You'd be surprised how far the above will get you in life without being screwed over.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Its great to have a mechanic you can trust, just don't blindly follow him.
                                My Garage
                                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                                X