340i V8 E30 on Jalopnik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Yeah... did he mod the oil pan to lower the engine? What's his driveline alignment like?
    He used the subframe spacers from garagistic.

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    As much as I like the sleeper aspect of it, it's definitely not how BMW would have done it... if it had been factory, it would either have either been 5-stud like the M3 with the e34 540i brakes or at least had the 296mm brakes from Alpina. It would have had hydroboost, and they would have modded the sump to suit the chassis. It also would have been an iS, so either the iS kit, or M-tech 2, sport seats and minimum 15 inch basket weaves (or the 16 inch wheels from the M3, or Alpina like the 333i), and so on.

From the factory, it would have been much more of a parts bin special rather than a stock eta with a V8 thrown into it.
    Exactly. I love the build for what it is and it's cool to see modified cars sell for a premium. Just calling it something it isn't is a put off to me and feels like it takes away from those that work hard to build something truly special.

Comment

Originally posted by abrokenframe View Post
      Really though. I never understood why people shit on the comfort seats. They're really not that bad.
      In my experience the sport seats are more comfortable than the comfort seats.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        In my experience the sport seats are more comfortable than the comfort seats.
        I agree. And well put lukeAD

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
          He used the subframe spacers from garagistic.
          Which goon up the front suspension's roll center, while the V8 adds weight high up in the engine bay...

Comment

Working...
          X