No announcement yet.

New supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota or BMW? According to some other pictures, even the iDrive interface is BMW's.

Seems Toyota only did the body and chassis setup.

Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      In the most simplistic terms, it *is* a Z4 just with a different body.
      this

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
      Toyota or BMW? According to some other pictures, even the iDrive interface is BMW's.

and this... the damn interior looks exactly like a BMW.

It sucks because Ive always wanted to do a European Delivery on a car, but absolutely nothing new even remotely gets me excited.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Hehe. BMW shifter, BMW Hvac, BMW nav, BMW idrive control, BMW radio, BMW window switches..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Imagine replacing your most legendary sports car with a rebadged and restyled BMW. Talk about losing the plot. As I said above, it would be fine if they just called it something else, since it's probably a perfectly decent car otherwise.

Comment

...and a steering wheel that looks like it came off the shelf of a Pep Boys.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Honestly I'm not surprised much that it looks so much like a BMW - more that BMW is using the same exact buttons and controls they were using 14 years ago. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess?
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The real question is, will Z4 owners in the future be able to have access to less expensive parts from Toyota?

Comment

To be honest - they could have done anything for the new Supra and enthusiasts would still complain that its not as good as the old one.

Heck, at least its not another Prius or SUV that we dont need more of...
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

One, this Supra can't be JDM, in the truest sense, as it's made in Austria.

Two, in the automotive world of today Toyota really missed the opportunity to make the Supra a high power electric only car. I suspect that this would have angered enthusiasts as well, but it would have likely been faster.

Comment

I expected so much more from it. I was really excited for it, I loved the old Supras of the day, this thing looks awful.
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Looks like I am in the minority. I like it. I can't afford it so I'll just brush past it. I will say, compared to other car names that were brought back from the dead (Charger/Challenger), the Supra looks much better than they did although a different car class as well. I hope it sticks around and the next generation works on the design even more.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

They hyped this car for how long and this is what we get?

It's a Z4 with a Toyota badge.
                          Originally posted by Sonny
                          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            Imagine replacing your most legendary sports car with a rebadged and restyled BMW. Talk about losing the plot. As I said above, it would be fine if they just called it something else, since it's probably a perfectly decent car otherwise.
                            Totally agree, It should be called something else.
                            sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
                              Totally agree, It should be called something else.
                              ...so you're not changing your name to Supradave anytime soon I guess?
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post

2008 x5.. the radio controls are on the top rather than the bottom, but it's basically identical.

F3x interior is even closer:

not neccesarily a bad thing, I like the 2006+ BMW HVAC controls. The BMW electronic auto shifter and ebrake are really annoying, though.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X