No announcement yet.

New supra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ugly IMO, but hey it's got a great engine. I might be biased (looks at signature).

Seriously though, the B58 has great tuning potential.
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      The coolest thing about that GXE is that they made the rear end of the vette look good
      Did they put GTR tails on it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

who are people blaming? As far as I know, BMW was excited to have the opportunity to be part off and work on this legendary car. Much like any artist would feel blessed to have been chosen to paint someone famous or be part of a sculpture of someone famous.

At first I was like WTF is this crap but after further looking at it I see the old supra is still very much there. Only thing I dislike so far now is that Lexus IS running light. If they removed that the headlights would very much resemble the original supra lights except a bit more stealthier. I still see the oval hood as the old supra and the rear end looks the same except very much beefed up. Its kinda like when the Ronin warriors transformed lol

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
          who are people blaming? As far as I know, BMW was excited to have the opportunity to be part off and work on this legendary car. Much like any artist would feel blessed to have been chosen to paint someone famous or be part of a sculpture of someone famous.
          new supra is ass

its not a supra, its a z4.. lol its literally a bmw and Toyota just put a shittier body around it.

Looks aside,

no manual option
          bmw engine
          bmw trans
          bmw
          b
          m
          w
          bmw chassi
          german
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
            If they didn't call this car a supra, there would be no big deal about it. Honestly I would rather buy a newer Tacoma than the supra; hell I would even buy the newer corolla hatchback at least you can get that in manual.
            You'd rethink that if you drove a new Corolla. Just because it's a hatchback with a manual doesn't mean it will be fun or good in any way, Toyota has sucked all possibility of fun out of the Corolla, CVT or manual. The handling is sloppy, the steering has about as much feel as an old arcade game, the engine is positively anemic, the ride underdamped. It's a loathsome car. Plenty of seat time in post 2014 Corollas since my wife has had 3 of them (leases she gets a good price on), the 2014 was actually better than the 2016, which had a stupid, practically useless phone app-based navigation system and a shitty fake shifting CVT, or the 2018 which has stupid piano black interior paneling and the same shitty CVT. A manual wouldn't fix any of the problems other than the CVT, it would still be the same slow car with crappy handling.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Fake shifting CVT huh? Then what's the point of even making it a CVT?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                new supra is ass

its not a supra, its a z4.. lol its literally a bmw and Toyota just put a shittier body around it.

Looks aside,

no manual option
                bmw engine
                bmw trans
                bmw
                b
                m
                w
                bmw chassi
                german

You could have easily said "I blame BMW" without the rant..

Personally I don't believe BMW would ever want their name in anything that was crap.. with that said I think it'll be a great car. I'm sure the same was said after the MK4 came out..

Comment

You could have easily said "I blame BMW" without the rant..

Personally I don't believe BMW would ever want their name in anything that was crap.. with that said I think it'll be a great car. I'm sure the same was said after the MK4 came out..
                  Sorry- I blame BMW for making a bad toyota

BMW, in recent times, is all about making shitty cars.

Sure, it will be fast, but it will be fast and ugly. BUT, if you opt for the four cylinder, it will just be ugly.

People probably got huge hard-ons when they announced the mk4, for obvious reasons
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Still don't think the 4 is coming to the US at launch, and I strongly suspect that the 4 will come with a stick once it's part of the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      You'd rethink that if you drove a new Corolla. Just because it's a hatchback with a manual doesn't mean it will be fun or good in any way, Toyota has sucked all possibility of fun out of the Corolla, CVT or manual. The handling is sloppy, the steering has about as much feel as an old arcade game, the engine is positively anemic, the ride underdamped. It's a loathsome car. Plenty of seat time in post 2014 Corollas since my wife has had 3 of them (leases she gets a good price on), the 2014 was actually better than the 2016, which had a stupid, practically useless phone app-based navigation system and a shitty fake shifting CVT, or the 2018 which has stupid piano black interior paneling and the same shitty CVT. A manual wouldn't fix any of the problems other than the CVT, it would still be the same slow car with crappy handling.
                      Oh that makes me sad, I had some hopes for the corolla hatchback :( I guess I'm just keeping my older tacoma forever now.
                      -Dee
                      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Personally I don't believe BMW would ever want their name in anything that was crap..
                        You must not know about new BMW’s...
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

Comment

this isn't even photoshopped:
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

wow, that is REALLY bad

Looks like bugs bunny

Comment

That B58 is really something.

The Supra looks good IMO, first modern car i have seen that is not fat and wide like the rest, just very sleek.

Shame about the transmission, but they got it from BMW so....

Comment

Working...
                                X