No announcement yet.

Did Turner buy ECS Tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is chump still as anti-fun as it was in 2015? (my first and last chump race)
    cars beep boop

Comment

Surprised no-one has mentioned that ECS is now charging full retail for OEM BMW parts. That was never the case before the acquisition. I used to get super fast shipping from them - often next day since they're close. 3-5 days now

I certainly don't buy OEM parts from them anymore.
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        is chump still as anti-fun as it was in 2015? (my first and last chump race)
        Not sure where you were racing in '15, but we were having lots of fun on the right coast. Of course it's now Champ Car because they're upscale or something.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Not sure where you were racing in '15, but we were having lots of fun on the right coast. Of course it's now Champ Car because they're upscale or something.
          west coast. the racing itself was ok, maybe a bit aggro, but all the event organization was run like a PTA meeting and extra-whiny as a result.
          cars beep boop

Comment

As far as I know that's not the case on the East coast, but then again my primary job on the team is "driver." The real whining seems to be predominantly on their forums. I started in '15 as well.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Champcar hasn't changed a whole lot as a venue, but the drivers/teams have gotten a lot more serious in the last couple years. Local team TLM brought 4 or 5 e46's, couple of them m3's to the NEw Year Sebring event. We still run e30's, have 2 going next week to Road Atlanta. Think I started with them around '13.

EDIT: Just realized this is a thread about ECS, also had the nonsense open lol. Totally off topic.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                Surprised no-one has mentioned that ECS is now charging full retail for OEM BMW parts. That was never the case before the acquisition. I used to get super fast shipping from them - often next day since they're close. 3-5 days now

I certainly don't buy OEM parts from them anymore.
                Not everything is full retail. The small nuts/bolts hardware is but I still see stuff ranging from 10-15% off list.
                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I mean, clearly the deals have become better now with ECS at the wheel right?

Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

Sort of unrelated - At the Daytona BMW Endurance Challenge on IMSA.tv right now, the Turner 3-series just bounced a fellow 3-series into a spin off one of the infield corners.

Comment

Last time I ordered from ECS, I ordered a bunch of little stuff. One small item (I think it was a screw?) got back-ordered and they held my entire shipment for 3 weeks so they could ship it all together. All to save the $3 for shipping of said item. They could have at least emailed me about it asking if I wanted to cover shipping, but no, no communication what so ever.

The ironic thing was, the shipping was free.

Comment

They just shipped a small order for me complete after I ordered on 1/16 and they said completion date would be 1/30, so I'm ok with that.

I trusted my list for pricing but it was out of date and certain parts were 10+% cheaper from other sources.
                        1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          Champcar hasn't changed a whole lot as a venue, but the drivers/teams have gotten a lot more serious in the last couple years. Local team TLM brought 4 or 5 e46's, couple of them m3's to the NEw Year Sebring event. We still run e30's, have 2 going next week to Road Atlanta. Think I started with them around '13.

EDIT: Just realized this is a thread about ECS, also had the nonsense open lol. Totally off topic.
                          I first ran with them in either 2010 or 2011. Ran a first Gen RX7 for several season until the team sorta fell apart. Then I just drove with a few other random teams. It started out pretty cool as a group, but yah, the forums became, well forums. And after attending one of the end of season events at Laguna - just the amount of blatant rule breaking was fairly obvious. Crazy because several teams challenged a certain E30 fielded by one of Chumpcar's major sponsors, and they rejected our protests.

Been running with the local endurance series and Lucky Dog as of late.
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I just ordered two GKN axles from Turner,,, I know with all the bad press I shouldnt have, but I got suckered in that their price was $50 an axle less than pretty much everywhere which is a pretty solid difference. My cheapness won out and I bought them.

You had to see how these things were packed.
                            $500 worth of axles, heavy parts that have very delicate threads and splines that can be easily damaged.

There was so much open space inside the box as the axles moved around so much during transit they basically destroyed the outer box and the “single" strip of packing tape on each seam.
                            Two strips of air pillows to ship two heavy axles? Come on people!!!

That box should have been packed tightly and double taped or even double boxed.
                            That is some hokey shipping shit there.
                            Whoever packed this order should be sacked as well as the warehouse manager that taught them how to pack orders.

I know Will sold the company but man they are doing a GREAT disservice to a once great company name by servicing orders like this.

I have known Will Turner for over 25 years, during that time I have been both a personal friend and a customer, and if he saw how they are shipping parts under a company that was his namesake, that he spent a career building, he would throw up.

I was wary when Will sold the company and pretty much stayed away because of what I heard had transpired as far as a downgrade in many aspects. I now see all that critique was well founded.

Im sure if mine came like this, many more are shipping the same way.
                            Sc - a - rew those guys.
                            Jimmy P.
                            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                            92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                            98 318Ti Morea Green
                            04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Sounds like the way my "lemforder" control arms arrived. Who knows who made them to get the price down
                              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                              Alice the Time Capsule
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I guess this explains the downward shift in all aspects of my interactions with Turner in the last few years. It's too bad to hear about this, I used to buy a lot of stuff from them and had good experiences. It's too bad about Pelican, too. Is this why I feel like their prices have gone up a LOT in the last few years? They used to be priced fairly competitively.

I almost never buy stuff from ECS because the prices are not super competitive for the OEM / Tier1 brand stuff. But, they do seem to have really good photos of many parts that nobody else has, so I do use them for visual reference.

Is getbmwparts.com also owned by some conglomerate? I get 90% of my OEM parts from them. They don't seem to be selling knock-off junk and prices are VERY competitive. RMEuropean is the only place with better prices, but they don't seem to sell a lot of the more obscure OEM parts.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
                                X