That is the one! Is it for sale :) ?

I don't see a 3-spoke embossed.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
      That is the one! Is it for sale :) ?

I don't see a 3-spoke embossed.
      Sold it.

This one looks to be embossed, not silkscreened, and to have the original leather.
      sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Saving that one for the file, too.

That four spoke is nice. Subtle logo.. Classy.

You happen to have the leather shift knob for sale?

Comment

Saving that one for the file, too.

That four spoke is nice. Subtle logo.. Classy.

You happen to have the leather shift knob for sale?
          No, sorry. There was a time when I wanted the mushroom ACS knob and 3-spoke posted above, but never had the luck finding them at a good price. Hope you do eventually. It's a classy combo. The only ACS part I've held on to is the early strut brace.
          sigpic
          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Obvious question.. How much ? ;)

Comment

Early ACS steering wheel:

And finally the back of the prallschutz/cover:

The other one I had seen before, and it was only the cover, had the ACS embossed into the leather cover. I am honored to have found this and even better, have it.

It does not appear in any of the ACS catalogs I have. I have the earliest one and also Katalog No. 4. I have seen this wheel before though in an ACS advertisement somewhere online, a scan of I'd imagine a catalog.

I am hoping/waiting for Raul to perhaps shed some more light on this piece. I know not all of the ACS bits are documented well; not in catalog, not stamped with a part number or date.
              Yes it is a early ACS steering wheel. You see it on his ACS catalog. Timemachine30 does have early ACS catalog.

On the ACS parts there is always a price to let go. It depends how much$$$$
              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

When I first encountered this wheel, it was actually only the cover. The cover was embossed with ACS logo lower right hand. It sold for only 40 something Euros. I should have purchased it but I was hesitant as I never could find MOMO 70064, V36 in the time it was offered for sale. I learned a lesson.

This is not a sticker either. It is printed onto the leather. There is no edge, indication of a sheet.

The wheel is period correct. The hub is E30 fitment and appears to have some age, perhaps also period correct (I do not think MOMO dates their hubs).

This wheel I am certain existed as an ACS product. I need to look back into my ACS photo collection.

I did ask Raul. Just waiting for some authoritative word from him. Unfortunately, ACS is not good about communicating these older products.

UPDATE / Here are the photos to further document this being an ACS wheel:

I really like this wheel.

Comment

I just installed it as I need the two screws to fasten the slip ring to the other ACS wheel. A trip to home depot today did not give me what I needed. The M3.5x8 seems to be special enough as to order it via BMW.

The wheel is nice. More padding/thickening than the more common, newer three spoke by Atiwe.

These wheels just fit the car. Simple, understated and do a great job at what they were designed to do.

Comment

I just installed it as I need the two screws to fasten the slip ring to the other ACS wheel. A trip to home depot today did not give me what I needed. The M3.5x8 seems to be special enough as to order it via BMW.

The wheel is nice. More padding/thickening than the more common, newer three spoke by Atiwe.

These wheels just fit the car. Simple, understated and do a great job at what they were designed to do.
                    Your local hardware store will be somewhat likly to have the screws/bolts you need.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Check this awesome shit out. A rare gas can that goes in your spare tire compartment. I've never seen anything like this before.
                      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

That is cool... want!
                        Estoguy
                        1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

I found these wheels on an image search a long time ago and keep thinking I'll see this type for sale or on a member's e30... But no. They are allegedly 3 pc. ACS 4x100 15"x8.5" Anyone know of any for sale or even if they really exist??
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	7177053

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
                            http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/5054111579.html

Check this awesome shit out. A rare gas can that goes in your spare tire compartment. I've never seen anything like this before.
                            They pop up for sale on this forum every once in a while. From what I've seen, that's a good price.

Comment

That's cool. i almost want it...

EDIT: just talked to the guy about the spare tire gas can. He's willing to ship it to me for $12 via UPS. Not going to move on it so i'm passing on the info.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Not sure if these were already posted but I have a set of these older Ronal R11's from the 80's that were made.

I'm sure the mindset back then was to make them resemble the BMW logo, however now they look more like a WiFi symbol. Heck, atleast I will be on full bars if I ever get around to putting them on the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X