I love to catch people being stupid.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turf1600
    replied
    So I walk into the dealership the other day and am approached my a salesman.

    Me: "I'm looking for a nice e46 - what do you have for me?"

    Salesperson: "Right this way sir - we keep all of our 5 series over here"

    This guy had MANY sales awards.

    Leave a comment:


  • drift
    replied
    Originally posted by Fidhle007
    You've never been there though, have you?
    I don't have to, i got people

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Fidhle007
    You've never been there though, have you?
    hahahaha :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by drift
    imagine if all the people around you are exactly as smart as you.
    You've never been there though, have you?

    Leave a comment:


  • drift
    replied
    Originally posted by gearheadE30
    WTF?
    imagine if all the people around you are exactly as smart as you.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    The 80's was the turning point for "smaller" domestic cars going FWD. And when people see a small car that looks like it came from that time they think FWD.

    Leave a comment:


  • LivingLegend06
    replied
    Originally posted by e30325ic
    My theory is that nearly all other cars are FWD. All of the American cars other the big land barges and the Mustangs, Camaro's, Firebirds, and Vetts, are pretty much fwd and you find very few Asian RWD. Most people think small car FWD. It just amazes me how little most people know about cars other than put gas in it and drive. I is getting to the point that you can hardly even find a car with a stick shift anymore. People are getting more lazy and stupid as the years go by.
    That does make sense, but also think about this: the e30 was realeased in 1984 and back then just about everything was RWD. Toyotas were still RWD, most of America was still RWD, even fords minivan was RWD until the late 90s.

    When I dont know I always assume that old car = Rwd (I always know though)

    Leave a comment:


  • speedhop
    replied
    Originally posted by drift
    if there's no stupid people around, you are never be smart.

    I NOSE! KAN EWE BALEEVE ITT?

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    Originally posted by drift
    if there's no stupid people around, you are never be smart.
    WTF?

    Leave a comment:


  • drift
    replied
    if there's no stupid people around, you are never be smart.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by e30325ic
    My theory is that nearly all other cars are FWD. All of the American cars other the big land barges and the Mustangs, Camaro's, Firebirds, and Vetts, are pretty much fwd and you find very few Asian RWD. Most people think small car FWD. It just amazes me how little most people know about cars other than put gas in it and drive. I is getting to the point that you can hardly even find a car with a stick shift anymore. People are getting more lazy and stupid as the years go by.

    I agree with you there all the way and i can only count on my fingers of how many people i know drive stick shift. Yet one of those people is a girl that i taught manual (and wanted to learn for a better drive) who drives an e30 :)

    Leave a comment:


  • euroshark
    replied
    Anyone else seen those commercials where Budweiser is a LAGER now, and not a beer?
    WTF? Can anyone explain this to me?
    I was thinking the same thing... BeerAdvocate.com has a great section of beer style definitions:

    American Macro Lager


    Description:
    Light bodied, pale, fizzy lagers made popular by the large macro-breweries of America after prohibition. Low bitterness, thin malts, and moderate alcohol. Focus is less on flavor and more on mass-production and consumption, cutting flavor and sometimes costs with adjunct cereal grains, like rice and corn.
    I guess Budweiser falls into that category... Maybe the fermentation process of a lager suits itself better to mass production?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30325ic
    replied
    Originally posted by JAM
    how does no one know e30's and all bmws without an x are rwd? people are so shocked to find out my car is rwd...
    My theory is that nearly all other cars are FWD. All of the American cars other the big land barges and the Mustangs, Camaro's, Firebirds, and Vetts, are pretty much fwd and you find very few Asian RWD. Most people think small car FWD. It just amazes me how little most people know about cars other than put gas in it and drive. I is getting to the point that you can hardly even find a car with a stick shift anymore. People are getting more lazy and stupid as the years go by.

    Leave a comment:


  • JAM
    replied
    how does no one know e30's and all bmws without an x are rwd? people are so shocked to find out my car is rwd...

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Canuck
    Hate poking fun at my own family, but I've tried to get my mom into an E36, and my bro into an E39. BOTH of them have said the same thing to me. "Do you KNOW how much it costs to fix a BMW?". Those who don't know, I own a BMW repair shop. So yeah, I know what they cost to fix. Mom drives a Jetta, and bro drives a new Altima. Ugghhh

    Ugghhh
    I got that a lot from my parents for awhile too. They changed their tune a bit when my bills for the same job were always exactly half of what it would be for their Toyotas. And this was before my tech days when I actually had to pay for labor and full price parts...

    Leave a comment:

Working...