I love to catch people being stupid.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Garageaholic
    replied
    My stepdad, who gave me my first car, an '86 325es told me that it was the predecessor to the M3...


    I believed him b/c i was 15 and just getting into E30's at the time.

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    lol I see most of this every day at school.... it's terrible.

    Leave a comment:


  • 240zs30
    replied
    I love getting into little conversation with people who "know" stuff about cars. Especially when I'm around people who really know and have worked on cars plenty of times. I will never argue about stuff I am not sure of. Unfortunately it becomes a contest. If I feel they are just misinformed. I let them know politely by saying,.....
    "I'm sorry, I can't let you keep thinking you are correct about this people will laugh at you" and correct them. If they are just flat out arrogant I let them be, and let other people have a laugh.

    Leave a comment:


  • Keith M
    replied
    I see this guy bombing around town in a nice looking de-badged 4 cylinder. Finally see him at the bank and ask what motor he is running. "It's been updated. I swapped motors." Orly. S14, one OUT of a M1, of did you go big and swap an M10 in? "M10, those other ones suck" Asshat.

    Keith

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    I get FWD drive an the 4 cyl all the time when I do drive my shit around. And since I am lowered an tucking I get either You dont need the sand in your truck this time of year, or wow you need to change those blow out shocks.

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    yeah, people shit their pant around here when they find out my cars rwd and has 6 cyl's.

    Makes me mad. So underestimated.

    Leave a comment:


  • threlevenguy
    replied
    e36 318 drove thru the parking lot at bmw yesterday. Picture this:
    Green with the faded rocker panels.
    vinyl flames going down the rocker panels, big SALEEN windshield sticker, and NAGASAKI (dudes name) in his fender, along with AEM stickers etc. Oh, and alteeza's

    Leave a comment:


  • BBY1104
    Guest replied
    I have heard many people tell me that they have an m3. But when I ask to see it, "it is in the shop." Or it is a e36 325is or a 318is with just the front m3 bumper

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Towing my 96 318ti when I blew my second head gasket. There was some stupid mexican tow truck driver telling me how he towed another real nice BMW last week. It was the new M7, and it was real nice.

    Or even worse. The 6 cylinder 318 that was brought into the shop earlier in the year. The other BMW parts man SWORE it was a 6 cylinder 318, and it was stock, not swapped.

    Leave a comment:


  • XXX
    replied
    thats funny i run into these people everyonce in a while on this site ,but for the most part people who speak here know whats going on...

    Leave a comment:


  • lov-e30
    replied
    This one ef'in idiot I ran across, told me I had a clean looking Maxima. I replied f@#k off and die with that lawn mower you call a car (87 Civic).

    Leave a comment:


  • 92 mtechnic cabrio
    replied
    I'm glad I haven't had any run ins with any ignorant folks like you guys do. everyone around here knows whats up.

    Leave a comment:


  • TopOfTheLine89
    replied
    Yeah, i love catching people not knowing what the fuck they are talking about, especially in front of a decent sized audience or their girlfriend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Apex381
    replied
    Originally posted by Raxe
    I've had the usual, lengthy arguments with "car experts" that my car does indeed have 6 cylinders and not 4.
    Bwahaha I get this all the time! I am amazed at people who think small car = 4cylinder.

    Leave a comment:


  • aaron325ix
    replied
    Originally posted by ldsbeaker
    I went to this used car lot where there was this '91(2?) Cabrio with 100k miles that had an empty tool kit, torn leather, and some other obvious defects, and he wanted $13K. I spoke with him about it to see if there was anything special I should know about the car that would explain the price. He said something about the mileage and asked me what I thought a fair price was. I told him MAYBE half of that if it ran PERFECTLY. He replied that apparently I didn't know anything about BMW's because he had been selling them for blah blah, and basically called me stupid right to my face with my wife there.
    I'm serious, I wanted to sock him in the mouth.
    I want to punch this guy in the mouth. Was he a foreigner?

    Leave a comment:

Working...