Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$58 ticket turned out to be $158

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    $58 ticket turned out to be $158

    remember I got my first ticket 3 weeks ago for doing 48 in 35???

    Well I got the so called "courtesy letter" and it turned out to be actually $158.
    and I asked that pig twice "$58?" so I was like fine, just gimme so I learn my lesson...NOW I regret just taking it so easy up the butt...I could of/ should of pleaded for a warning. :(

    So far nearly $400 of this semester's check is alrdy gone. Damn

    Cliff notes: rant, rant, more rant arrgh
    Last edited by eshghehBMW; 02-11-2008, 12:56 AM.

    #2
    That's still really cheap. And from the sound of it, you should learn how to conduct yourself when you get pulled over. And are you living off the spare money from your student loans? Sounds like someone needs to get a job and learn some responsibility. It's only $100 more, that isn't shit. I'd be more worried about how much your insurance will increase.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
      That's still really cheap. And from the sound of it, you should learn how to conduct yourself when you get pulled over. And are you living off the spare money from your student loans? Sounds like someone needs to get a job and learn some responsibility. It's only $100 more, that isn't shit. I'd be more worried about how much your insurance will increase.
      ZING!! :hitler: GET EM!!!!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
        That's still really cheap. And from the sound of it, you should learn how to conduct yourself when you get pulled over. And are you living off the spare money from your student loans? Sounds like someone needs to get a job and learn some responsibility. It's only $100 more, that isn't shit. I'd be more worried about how much your insurance will increase.
        I'm living/saving with financial checks...As for the insurance increase, I will go to traffic school to clear it off my record, so it won't increase...since it is my 1st anyway, I have that right.
        the 2nd one will go in IF (I think) done within 3 yrs after the 1st citation.
        Last edited by eshghehBMW; 02-11-2008, 01:21 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          should have spent that 400 on a v1.
          Zach@Zakspeed.us

          Comment


            #6
            I"m no angel, but i'm getting fucking sick of speeding ticket threads.

            SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

            Comment


              #7
              i got a ticket doing 108 in 55 two weeks ago and the cop went through his routine and let me know it was his discreation to take me in; which he didn't...when I went to court, the DA was lazy and no mater what the offense everybody in the court got 60 in 55 including myself. $295 FINE inc. court fees Call it luck or divine intervention, either way it worked out. Sorry for the thread jack!!!

              $295 +1 point which i get taken away after a course (5-10mph over limit penalty) OR $1500 + 45 days in Jail and suspened license plus starting a rap sheet (reckless endangerment penalty)

              (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO) ///Motorsport
              In this world, things aren't black & white. Its Delphin!

              Parts, Buy Them--> http://picasaweb.google.com/transatl...eat=directlink

              Snowboard & video game stuff --> http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148645

              Originally posted by Steve92E34
              Your car is breathing my air, and so are you.
              AND you are both still slow

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by eshghehBMW View Post
                remember I got my first ticket 3 weeks ago for doing 48 in 35???

                Well I got the so called "courtesy letter" and it turned out to be actually $158.
                and I asked that pig twice "$58?" so I was like fine, just gimme so I learn my lesson...NOW I regret just taking it so easy up the butt...I could of/ should of pleaded for a warning. :(

                So far nearly $400 of this semester's check is alrdy gone. Damn

                Cliff notes: rant, rant, more rant arrgh
                Dude, go back to bf.c and stay off this site. Your "stream of consciousness" style of posting threads just to get your count up is completely obnoxious and won't be tolerated here for very long. Contribute usefully or leave.


                1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list



                Comment


                  #9
                  Oh my god... You got a speeding ticket and you have to pay for it???!!!!!!!!!1 Shutup.
                  BimmerHeads
                  Classic BMW Specialists
                  Santa Clarita, CA

                  www.BimmerHeads.com

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                    I"m no angel, but i'm getting fucking sick of speeding ticket threads.
                    Exactly.

                    Get a ticket, pay the fine. It's a cost of doing business if you want to drive fast on public roads.

                    I just don't understand what people are trying to accomplish by posting these things. Sympathy? Trying to assert your level of badassery?

                    We all have gotten tickets. I'm not trying to be a dick, but no one cares.
                    PNW Crew
                    90 m3
                    06 m5

                    Comment


                      #11
                      You guys who just pay the fines are idiots - go to court, contest it. you'll get off 90% of the time (unless its for something like DUI or no insurance - then you gotta bend over and take it). Most of the speeding laws are retarded and most of the tickets I've gotten were from cops who were just fucking with me - and guess what, they all got thrown out!
                      Build thread

                      Bimmerlabs

                      Comment


                        #12
                        If every ticket that was written got contested, the courts would be so backed up that they would not be able to function and no police officers would be able to patrol the freeways/etc. because they would be stuck in court for so long. I thought that was pretty interesting when I read that.
                        PNW Crew
                        90 m3
                        06 m5

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
                          If every ticket that was written got contested, the courts would be so backed up that they would not be able to function and no police officers would be able to patrol the freeways/etc. because they would be stuck in court for so long. I thought that was pretty interesting when I read that.
                          good - then they wouldn't have time to write BS tickets. :p
                          Build thread

                          Bimmerlabs

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I've contested every single ticket, all 6 of them and every time the officer has shown up and won. I've had a judge basically tell me that I lost the case based on the officer showing up. In my state officers are paid to show up to court. So your theory of 90% of all tickets being dismissed when you contest just went to shit, especially when you live in another state than the original poster.
                            1985 BMW 325e
                            1997 BMW M3/4/5
                            2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

                            Comment


                              #15
                              You wont get off the ticket necessarily. You only would do that if the cop doesn't show up or you SOMEHOW prove that you really were not going the speed you were, or they screwed something up with their radar gun and win.

                              Pay the fine, quit bitching about it. Take traffic school, keep it off your insurance. It WILL be on your CA record though, it doesn't erase everything but you don't receive points on your license because of it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X