Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW e30 Chassis Lower X Brace (very soon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel,

I'd say go for the color option idea for an additional 20 or 30 bucks.

I like the neon or lime green idea.

Good job dude.

E30Fiend
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Okay:

I don't have the images of the finished product to release yet I will post them here as soon as I do.

The price per unit will be approximately $300. Made here in the USA.

Down the road soon we will offer it in a full package set with the front and rear stress bars.

Zen does do special order finish colors.

I'm partial to Black... But I could be swayed... I have considered changing the finish color of our braces for a few days now.

(if you think $300 is too much I would invite you to patent search, design, build, test and produce your own... You could farm production out to China and they'll make them out slagged tin cans for you really cheap...You'd be the king of eBay... And every body would love you.)
      Last edited by DCColegrove; 04-12-2008, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post

(if you think $300 is too much I would invite you to patent search, design, build, test and produce your own... You could farm production out to China and they'll make them out slagged tin cans for you really cheap...You'd be the king of eBay... And every body would love you.)
        Its about time someone said this... The "everything is too expensive" mindset is why there are very few new parts for the e30
        e30sport.net
        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

(if you think $300 is too much I would invite you to patent search, design, build, test and produce your own...
          Try not to mind the cheapskates here. Even if you charged $100, someone would complain. It's the nature of the beast.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I was at Dan's shop recently he showed me a Taiwan knock off Sparco bar, the rust from the inside was leaking through the chromed tube's seam.

I was also there this Friday and drove a Convertable with the cross brace installed on it, but I'm not saying shit after what happended with my review on the other braces.

I'm 1st in line for two, one for me one for my Pops.

Comment

Loooks like a well engineered and solid built piece ......which is what we've come to expect if Mason is involved .

Any better/closer/detailed pics of where/how the brace mounts to the LCAB lollipops ?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post

Any better/closer/detailed pics of where/how the brace mounts to the LCAB lollipops ?

Added to original post also.

This is rough compared to the final part but we learned a lot from it.

Comment

The price per unit will be approximately $300. Made here in the USA.
                  I'd have to say that is too much, $200ish I could see. E36 x-brace is $140 from most sources, Only draw backs to it lack of ground clearance, and not much clearance for certain headers. Those are improved with your design, but I don't think that's worth double the price of an OEM BMW part.
                  85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

:stupid:

Comment

Looks like a nice unit.

Create a oil pan skid plate to go with that peice and im sold. 'X-brace' would help distribute the impact from an object on a skid plate also. Just an idea

Originally posted by vlad
                      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by jms16v View Post
                        neon green please
                        That would match my ST stuff awesomely. But why do we care I can't even see under my car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
                          I'd have to say that is too much, $200ish I could see. E36 x-brace is $140 from most sources, Only draw backs to it lack of ground clearance, and not much clearance for certain headers. Those are improved with your design, but I don't think that's worth double the price of an OEM BMW part.
                          the e36 brace fits e30's? where the fuck have I been?
                          Not that I care, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
                            So?

If you could buy an X-brace from BMW, he wouldnt have needed to make this part.

BMW buys thousands of X-braces a year, they are stamped and welded by machines. They are powder coated in massive batches with thousands of other parts.

$300 is very reasonable for a hand-fabricated part.

Comment

i know you adressed long tube headers and "custom" exhaust, but will this clear 4" downpipes?

Comment

I'm not trying to trash his part, and am glad to see a hand fabricated piece made for just the e30 alone being offered. As I'd love to run an x-brace again on mine.

Yes the e36 brace fits the e30, you have to drill holes and install nutserts just like you do on a non-m e36. Jordan had one running on his e30 before he installed his headers
                                85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
                                X