Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW e30 Chassis Lower X Brace (very soon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see people making these types of parts, but out of my price range

Comment

Originally posted by madness3 View Post
      I don't think Zen even sells the rear brace as a stand alone, at least it's not listed on the site without the front strut brace.

http://www.bmwzenperformance.com/e30-products.html
      Vorshlag does

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

I vote for a r3v group buy in lime green for $200.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by madness3 View Post
          I don't think Zen even sells the rear brace as a stand alone, at least it's not listed on the site without the front strut brace.

http://www.bmwzenperformance.com/e30-products.html
          That was an oversight on our part, fixed. (our website crashed a while ago and I've been so busy I haven't ironed it all out yet).

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
          Vorshlag does
          The products we have made by John Mason are different in material, finish and suplied hardware. These are not available anywhere else.

Comment

Cripes, so many people afraid to crack open the wallet for quality stuff.

Anyway I can pre-order? I hate waiting for back-ordered stuff.
            -Dave
            2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              I vote for a r3v group buy in lime green for $200.
              But in black
              sigpic
              24v swapped

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSmed View Post
                Cripes, so many people afraid to crack open the wallet for quality stuff.

Anyway I can pre-order? I hate waiting for back-ordered stuff.
                Don't you want to know what color they are going to be first?
                I mean, they could come in pink paisley for all we know!!!!

Send him an email on the site, mine is already a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                  That was an oversight on our part, fixed. (our website crashed a while ago and I've been so busy I haven't ironed it all out yet).

The products we have made by John Mason are different in material, finish and suplied hardware. These are not available anywhere else.
                  interesting, keep us updated

Comment

We may have images to post of the brace by the beginning of this coming week.

Comment

I am going out to John's today to check the welding jig fixture and go over a few minor details.

They could be ready very soon.

Comment

In production

Comment

Holy crap $315 !!!

I'll pass

Comment

WARNING SERIOUS CONVERSATION IMMINENT:

Ok, you know what, I'll bite.

This seems like a very interesting product and DCColegrove seems to know his stuff.

Honestly I must say posting some background about yourself would be beneficial when making claims like these, too many random kids running around these forums.

I am a mechanic with 6 years of experience and 4 years of concours detailing. I have owned over 15 e30's, with my last one being sold for $9k. Currently I have my 88 M3 2.5L and a 1990 325is track car. Now that we are aquainted I would like to make a serious proposition.

The main thing a lowered e30 needs (m20 engine) is a skidplate. I have replaced MANY oilpans and had to get a fresh one on my track car a few months ago and JUST cracked it again a week ago.

Why not combine this product with a front lower radiator plate and a oil pan skid plate between? This would provide even more rigidity in the front end and provide the needed protection for the oil pan. For us track buffs, maybe even add "buttresses" that extend to the lolipop mounts for the control arms from the x-brace?

I would be willing to add the weight and pay $400 for that, no doubt.
                            Last edited by e30rcr; 04-20-2008, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rcr View Post
                              WARNING SERIOUS CONVERSATION IMMINENT:

Ok, you know what, I'll bite.

This seems like a very interesting product and DCColegrove seems to know his stuff.

Honestly I must say posting some background about yourself would be beneficial when making claims like these, too many random kids running around these forums...
                              I started in this industry at a very young age with the intent of being an A&P (Airframe and Power-plant) mechanic. Couldn't make enough to support my flying habit. (I did a little air racing and aerobatic flying before my first daughter was born...she's 10 now) so I switched to automotive.

I worked for BMW in the early to mid 80's. I also raced Datsun 510s and built chassis and power-train equipment for them and the Z's during this same time (did a little work with BRE before Electromotive took over).
                              I worked at a dozen BMW dealerships as a line tech until the early 90's

I am currently the BMW Mechanic at B&C Foreign Car in Ventura, California and DBA as BMW Zen Performance.

I'm on my 9th and 10th e30.

My first BMW was a '71 2002 and I think I went through 6 of those (the last one, a '75 turbo nearly killed me in 1997...too fast too light if you could believe such a thing).

should I post this on my site?

My R&D...and now production Compadre is "The Dude"...he did fabrication on March and Lolas for Indy, and a long list of other out of this world projects.

His name speaks for it's self.
                              Last edited by DCColegrove; 04-19-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

with a name like "the dude" he needs no introduction.

Comment

Working...
                                X