Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW e30 Chassis Lower X Brace (very soon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the e36 it mounts to the frame rail behind the control bushings
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      What are the attachment points on a e36? They don't go over the lollipops do they????
      No they don't, and I'm not entirely sure how one would go about cutting one up and bolting it to an e30 either.

:?: On another note can someone give me a measurement on how far the pan hangs on an M50/52/what have you and I'll see if there is a workaround so it will clear? (the only one I have access to is a dry sump)

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
        Do you know the exact type of steel used, and the sizes? I'm in a strengths of materials class, and I am just curious and want to do a stress analysis.

Looks like 4130 chrome-molly, but I have no idea what the thickness would be (not to mention that shit is pretty expensive!) If I were making it, I would use 0.75"x.047", but again it's just speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
          No they don't, and I'm not entirely sure how one would go about cutting one up and bolting it to an e30 either.

:?:
          Um no cutting is needed, 2 out of the 6 holes are already on the car. Install two nutserts, bolt it up. mark the 4 new holes needed and drill. Here is said x-brace installed on my 85 325e

Comment

i'm like'n the fact someone is making something REAL.

meh, nm

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
              Um no cutting is needed, 2 out of the 6 holes are already on the car. Install two nutserts, bolt it up. mark the 4 new holes needed and drill. Here is said x-brace installed on my 85 325e
              R&D Research and development.

In researching this project we asked questions first like: why not mount it this way, why or why not drill holes in the sub-frame, where is the optimal angle to come in from to stop this motion or that destructive vibration...

In Development we test our answers to these questions, identify problems and apply necessary refinements.

What you see in the images we have posted is the prototype that finally addressed all the issues from the R&D process it gave us all the answers to build the finished product with all the desired properties from an engineering and practical application standpoint.

Specifically for the e30 chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                [all the desired properties from an engineering and practical application standpoint.[/I]

Specifically for the e30 chassis.
                Like I said it is nice to see some one finally design a brace for just the e30 chassis. I'm Also an Engineer with 3 degrees, so I completely understand what you are saying. Not trying to bash the design at all, just pointing out how the e36 x-brace mounts up to the chassis. (I'm mainly looking at this from a value engineering prospective)

Comment

Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

black. this look very nice add a skid plate and i'm sold for sure
                    sigpic
                    24v swapped

Comment

Interesting...subscribed.
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                        gold cadmium plate them... No corrosion ever
                        Cad plating is a sacrificial coating. It will eventually stop functioning as a sacrificial anode and rust through.

Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                          Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Yes.

Comment

I'm down for one if its less than your rear shock tower brace

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
                              I'm down for one if its less than your rear shock tower brace
                              I don't think Zen even sells the rear brace as a stand alone, at least it's not listed on the site without the front strut brace.

Comment

awesome, I doubt my car will ever need one but Im glad its there for you guys

Comment

Working...
                                X