Never knew the E30 was so sought after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philipangoo View Post
    lol some of u do realize that the new M3 is in the 68k range right ? Thats way above a rare very clean E30 M3 which would pull 20k, so yeah. I can understand why the people who drive those cars think the E30 M3 is the poor mans M3. Doesnt make it a better car though, just pricier. I always give E30 drivers thumbs up, I think half of them in TX dont now what they are driving, which is odd they choose to keep such an old car and not even want to learn about it.
    right, but that's assuming you've bought a car that's already sorted out and you never change/upgrade/fix anything. You could EASILY spend $20k on an S14 build all by itself, much less any other restoration/upgrades.

And 99% of people who are buying new M3s probably drop theirs off at the local tuner shop and write a check, they're not going to painstakingly build/restore their car by hand. They want a status symbol, people who own E30s typically (though not always) don't buy them for the same reason.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Philipangoo View Post
      lol some of u do realize that the new M3 is in the 68k range right ? Thats way above a rare very clean E30 M3 which would pull 20k, so yeah. I can understand why the people who drive those cars think the E30 M3 is the poor mans M3. Doesnt make it a better car though, just pricier. I always give E30 drivers thumbs up, I think half of them in TX dont now what they are driving, which is odd they choose to keep such an old car and not even want to learn about it.
      Hooray! E90 M3 = 68k
      You pay almost a dollar for every mile you drive it before it wears out. Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Fel View Post
        I started getting complimets from strangers when I got my e30... I wasn't used to it at all! I've been driving an e34 for over 3 years and no one said a word to me about it (only people I knew would comment). With the e30, I get the stares and comments from strangers a lot.

There's this Shell station I go to, and every time I bring the e30 there, the guy behind the counter tries to buy it from me. "How much for it?"...I keep telling him, I jsut bought it, it's not going anywhere!
        I'm not so sure that's only because it's an E30, when I had your car as a stock eta It never got any attention. The paint with the skirts and wheels all together makes that car appealing.

My E30 M3 gets the annoying kind of attention, I seemed to get tailgated a lot and people pulling along side to check it out and getting to close etc. I had a guy do a U-turn in a E90 sedan to ask me if I'll sell it, should have told him I'll trade you.

Comment

Working...
        X