Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike.bmw
    replied
    For those having issues with login, I have a few suggestions.
    • Clear your browser cache/history/cookies/everything.
    • If you are visiting a bookmark, make sure you have the root site/forum bookmarked (https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/index.php).
    • Is your browser up to date? What browser are you running? Do you have the same issue in a different browser?
    • What browser extensions are you running? I've seen some odd ones wreak havoc (to include the embedded browser developer tools, things like firebug, or ad blockers).
    • Perhaps reset your browser settings as you may have some strange things happening with cookies or local browser storage.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by mike.bmw; 03-31-2020, 12:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

Using the full FQDN URL and not r3vlimtied.com?

https://www.r3vlimited.com/
    Looks like it was saved in my browser without the www. Maybe it's a problem with the domain records, then?

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    all is functioning fine on my end. still not as quick to load before the initial update, last summer, but echoing others' sentiments, it is noticeably quicker than it was last week. thanks for all you do, james.

Leave a comment:

• Powling
    replied

I'm always logged off when I first load the site, but after login it stays during my session.
    Ditto. I need to log in like 3 times before it works.

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
    I have it set to save my login. It does keep me logged in except when I first come back to the site, it shows me as logged out until I click something else.

If I try to log in when it's showing as logged out, it gives me an error.

This started months ago with the first round of upgrades.
    Using the full FQDN URL and not r3vlimtied.com?

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    I have it set to save my login. It does keep me logged in except when I first come back to the site, it shows me as logged out until I click something else.

If I try to log in when it's showing as logged out, it gives me an error.

This started months ago with the first round of upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellone
    replied
    Still having the same log in/cookie/caching issue on the new version. When I first visit the site it shows that I am not logged in, until I click on any link (like a sub-forum), then I am logged in and my personalizations re-appear.
    I'm always logged off when I first load the site, but after login it stays during my session.

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Bummer.
    Hope may not be list, been running some load testing on an another mysql r3v database and was able to isolate the slowquery log, found a few things I was able to adjust / optimize, so performance is looking better now.

Have also offloaded search to Sphinx which uses a separate database / engine just for search indexing.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Still having the same log in/cookie/caching issue on the new version. When I first visit the site it shows that I am not logged in, until I click on any link (like a sub-forum), then I am logged in and my personalizations re-appear.
    I have that problem with my laptop. Not sure what it is

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
    It seems a little quicker today than it has been. Not as fast as prior to the August 2019 update, but faster than it was last week. Thanks for your efforts!
    Much faster. Specially when using cell data.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    It seems a little quicker today than it has been. Not as fast as prior to the August 2019 update, but faster than it was last week. Thanks for your efforts!

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

Yeah I was hoping throwing some insanly fast IO at the database server would help move it past some of its weird table lock issues, sadly it didn't accomplish much of anything except wasting money.
    Bummer.

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    Ah bummer, I was hoping the upgrades as of this weekend and NVME upgrade would have fixed the slowness. Too bad to hear vbulletin support is of no help.
    Yeah I was hoping throwing some insanly fast IO at the database server would help move it past some of its weird table lock issues, sadly it didn't accomplish much of anything except wasting money.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    For me, this is the first time the forum has seemed slow to load. Almost like each thread is being pulled from a different DLT tape rather than from a solid state device.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X