Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the market for a new creeper. Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cardboard works best.

Comment

Buy the HF creeper. If you are looking at an expensive one use that money towards a quickjack Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lisle, Jeepers Creeper Low Profile!!
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

I have a creeper, but I also bought one of these and I love it, I end up using it more than anything.

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Creeper...72283755&psc=1

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            I have a creeper, but I also bought one of these and I love it, I end up using it more than anything.

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Creeper...72283755&psc=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YS544hToA0
            No Shit! That is slick!

Comment

I'm surprised to hear so many of you guys can get by with creepers, for me the issue is I can't get the car high enough on jack's and laying on a creeper brings me much to close to the car. Sometimes I'll lay down on some old carpet or cardboard but majority of the time I just go bare and lay on the cement.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
              1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
              1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
              1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
              1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
              1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
              Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
              1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
              1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Yeah, but who even needs cardboard? Simply start all under car repairs with an oil change, omit the drain pan, dress in your finest birthday suit, put on your no slip work gloves and move about with ease.

You should also be able to find every fastener you drop with a simple sliding motion, and your tools will stay well lubricated.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                  I'm surprised to hear so many of you guys can get by with creepers, for me the issue is I can't get the car high enough on jack's and laying on a creeper brings me much to close to the car. Sometimes I'll lay down on some old carpet or cardboard but majority of the time I just go bare and lay on the cement.
                  Bare back is best for all situations

Comment

Snap-On sells a nice one for like 70 bucks
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

ive got a bonester or what ever its called and a z creeper that flips into a stool and i hate them both. I hate creepers in general. Makes me feel like barfing if I spend a bunch of time on one. I used to have one at my last shop, it had a headrest and it was the best I've ever used.
                      "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                      Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

The Griot's Garage "Cadillac of Creepers" is a Cimmaron. Even with a discount and a gift certificate, it was overpriced and underbuilt.

The bigger and harder and higher- quality the wheels, the better, i have found. Almost nothing else matters except texture- you want to STICK to it.

t
                        saving up for a lift, too.
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Creepers suck. I have tried all manner of designs, and they all suck. None of them are low enough profile to avoid having to jack a car higher than reasonable jackstands can hold it, they all get derailed by a washer or something small, you will always roll over your cuffs, shirt, tools, etc.

Nothing beats big, thick cardboard. I save all large heavy boxes. You can slide on them easily, they offer some cushioning and if you spill some fluids, they are absorbent. I also have an old set of 7 series floor mats that I use if I have to lie under the car for an extended period. They are nicely cushioned and work well for short term kneeling, lying and are a good head rest.
                          1985 325e -> M60 swap project
                          1983 GTV6
                          1974 X1/9

Comment

Originally posted by Italian_Tuneup View Post
                            Creepers suck. I have tried all manner of designs, and they all suck. None of them are low enough profile to avoid having to jack a car higher than reasonable jackstands can hold it, they all get derailed by a washer or something small, you will always roll over your cuffs, shirt, tools, etc.

Nothing beats big, thick cardboard. I save all large heavy boxes. You can slide on them easily, they offer some cushioning and if you spill some fluids, they are absorbent. I also have an old set of 7 series floor mats that I use if I have to lie under the car for an extended period. They are nicely cushioned and work well for short term kneeling, lying and are a good head rest.
                            Agreed, thats why I really like my magic creeper, but when I didnt use that I resorted to cardboard.
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I have a cheap plastic formed one from Summit Racing that replaced a HF one that fell apart. Much better and its still kicking. Probably use it few times a week.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                              X