No announcement yet.

Highest HP M-cars yet! 555 hp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And while I am at it why are you guys doggin on the e36 M3. You guys sure seem to like pulling parts off of them to upgrade your e30's.
    sigpic

Comment

Glendale California is about to take order of more than half the whole production line. great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan M3 View Post
        Turbos, automatic transmissions, and SUVs. I don't know how much more of a sell-out the M division can become.
        thats the most meaning full thing said yet! dam..

it kinda hurts my feelings!
        hopefully the best e30 forum EVER! gets counted into the "bmw community" when they go listening to how the community reacts.

Comment

Originally posted by madformx5 View Post
          And while I am at it why are you guys doggin on the e36 M3. You guys sure seem to like pulling parts off of them to upgrade your e30's.
          thats the greatest honor an e36 could ever have... to be parted out and have its parts used in an e30. ;)
          e30sport.net
          '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
          '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
          '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by madformx5 View Post
            i assume youre referring to 24 valve swaps? the US s50/s52 isnt really a motorsport engine anyway, just the highest power m50. explains why people use them. simple, affordable extra 50+ hp and better drivability. it has nothing to do with the e36 m3 being a great M car. the motors just better because its 10 years newer.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
              Thats fucking retarded.

Comment

I'm not really into Trucks or SUVs. I checked out the M X6 at the NYC auto show this weekend. It does look cool but I'd rather spend my money on an M3. While I do not like them using the M badge on a truck, as long as the M3, M5 and M6 are still great sports cars I could care less. It's really to compete with the Porsche Cayenne and Mercedes AMG trucks.

Comment

do you remember when you first fell in love with bmw?

these make me feel the exact opposite of that...:(

Comment

My heart just sank. I knew it was coming, but its something else when you actually see it.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

If BMW is "hurting for money", why don't they push harder and harder to get a cheap, reliable, economical, and extremely fun car to drive over here that has a 4-cylinder again?

Oh wait, they tried that with the 318ti, and it caught so much flak. Less than 10 years later, everyone wants one. Americans don't know what they want. They are morons.

In my opinion, BMW severely needs to get off of their "luxury high horse" and get back to the basics. Build your cars with the quality, durability, performance, and style that they had in the 70's and 80's. That was your high point BMW.

BMW shouldn't have to "compete" with other brands. They are supposed to be unlike every other brand like they used to be, and not have to compete with other makes. I know, tough economic times somewhat prevents that, but that's a very short wall to hide behind.

Give us options again. We don't need 5 different high-end luxury vehicles. This type of BS is exactly why I love my E36 318i and E30 325is. The E36 is so close to basic inside, that I love it. The only way to get MORE basic would be to have the analog clock instead of my 7 button OBC.

Simplicity, weight, performance; Gunna have to pick 2 of those and it looks like BMW stuck with performance engines, tossed performance everything else, and took "weight" as "add it".

I still think BMW is the best out there, but the way they are going lately is really starting to make me wonder what they are thinking.
                      E30- 1989 325is

Comment

Yuck.

If I wanted an insanely powerful SUV, I'd get a twin turbo V10 diesel Touareg. 550lb ft. of torque from 2000rpm = yes please! Nothing like being able to pull red wood trees out of the ground.

Comment

^ In-fucking-deed.

The only real SUV still coming out of the Motherland as far as I'm concerned (Gelaendenwagen excluded.)
                          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                          E36 325i sedan
                          E30 325i sedan
                          Volvo 945T

Comment

I think I'd rather have an X5M or X6M than a G55 or Toureg V12. Both are cool trucks, but i'd rather have the bimmers. Personally, I think the X6 looks really good, I've seen them driving around lately and I've warmed to them a lot. The idea of the thing is still stupid, but at least they pulled it off well.

Comment

I don't disagree with the X5/6, I just disagree with them producing an ///M variant of those SAV's. It goes completely against the exclusivity factor that prior ///M cars had when every single model has it's own Motorsport variation.

Couple that with their plans to use twin-turbo powerplants in new ///M cars and that's like smacking Dietrich and Hans in the face.

/$.02
                              - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                              E36 325i sedan
                              E30 325i sedan
                              Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge View Post
                                If BMW is "hurting for money", why don't they push harder and harder to get a cheap, reliable, economical, and extremely fun car to drive over here that has a 4-cylinder again?

Oh wait, they tried that with the 318ti, and it caught so much flak. Less than 10 years later, everyone wants one. Americans don't know what they want. They are morons.

In my opinion, BMW severely needs to get off of their "luxury high horse" and get back to the basics. Build your cars with the quality, durability, performance, and style that they had in the 70's and 80's. That was your high point BMW.

BMW shouldn't have to "compete" with other brands. They are supposed to be unlike every other brand like they used to be, and not have to compete with other makes. I know, tough economic times somewhat prevents that, but that's a very short wall to hide behind.

Give us options again. We don't need 5 different high-end luxury vehicles. This type of BS is exactly why I love my E36 318i and E30 325is. The E36 is so close to basic inside, that I love it. The only way to get MORE basic would be to have the analog clock instead of my 7 button OBC.

Simplicity, weight, performance; Gunna have to pick 2 of those and it looks like BMW stuck with performance engines, tossed performance everything else, and took "weight" as "add it".

I still think BMW is the best out there, but the way they are going lately is really starting to make me wonder what they are thinking.
                                Disagree. They make high end cars. If they don't then they lose their image. They need to keep their image to make money. Make high end cars and don't try to attract all buyers.

That said they don't need to broaden their product range. Back to basics please.
                                Originally posted by z31maniac
                                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                                X