Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of habit I still check in just about every day. Currently procrastinating listing the remaining e30 parts I have to sell but once those are gone I won't have any reason to visit here any more.
    My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
      Out of habit I still check in just about every day. Currently procrastinating listing the remaining e30 parts I have to sell but once those are gone I won't have any reason to visit here any more.
      Just tell yourself you are sitting on the parts as an investment.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        well, inquiring minds want to know............wutcha got, mang?
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

well, inquiring minds want to know............wutcha got, mang?
          this
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
            I miss the simpler times when we were mostly just dumb kids (at least at heart) having fun with cheap and plentiful cars. Now everyone is either an up and coming influencer with and EPIC build and brand (smash that like button) or a dollar chasing flipper pushing the dream further out of reach for others.
            /nostalgia
            Haha me too. Like when people were like "you paid $3K for a car with all VINs on it and clocking in with 130K miles? Moron!" Now I'd do extremely immoral, perverse things to get a car like that for 3K.

(DM me bro)

Also I subscribed to your channel thiccboi 2mAn

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

are you THAT asian guy?
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'm on here occasionally when I have a question etc. No one answers any of the questions on my build thread so thats pretty much DOI.
                I wish there was more M30 content or someone would buy my swap so I could go in a different direction. I'm really starting to appreciate the stock M20, its fun to drive.

I like YT for LS content and for C10 stuff but I come here for E30s
                85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  are you THAT asian guy?
                  Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not.

What Asian guy?

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Wow, lots of OG names I have't seen posting in forever.
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post
                      I'm on here occasionally when I have a question etc. No one answers any of the questions on my build thread so thats pretty much DOI.
                      I wish there was more M30 content or someone would buy my swap so I could go in a different direction. I'm really starting to appreciate the stock M20, its fun to drive.

I like YT for LS content and for C10 stuff but I come here for E30s
                      Just answered one of your M30 questions in your project thread - go with rubber mounts if you end up fitting the M30 and you want good NVH.

If you like the driving characteristics of the M20, then you'll also like the extra torque of the M30 as they drive similarly just the M30 has much more bottom end.
                      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I miss the fuck outta this place... I'm just an idiot and got caught up in other vehicles but I miss my E30 so badly...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Nope, I'm never here any more. Sorry, Criv.

t

"When did we get old and turn into mye28 or bmw2002faq?!?!?!?"

errr....I'm not old. It's just all you fuckers.
                          Last edited by TobyB; 01-18-2021, 12:30 PM.
                          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Two things have hit the E30 community at the same time causing a drop off.

The first is obvious, the age of the cars mean they are now rare, going up in price, causing a large barrier to entry for new guys coming into the scene. You have to REALLY want an E30 in the first place to even get into the scene now, whereas in the 00's it was just a DD car you purchased that could turn into a larger obsession.

The second is what is happening to every hobbyist forum I visit, a decline in traffic and new signups because younger Millenials and Zoomers do not use forums. They use FB/Reddit and group chats. Forums are going to way of the dodo and it sucks, because they are far better than the aforementioned. Forums are a Google searchable resource, that can be archived and used in the future. Social media feeds are not.

Comment

Originally posted by agisthos View Post
                              Two things have hit the E30 community at the same time causing a drop off.

The first is obvious, the age of the cars mean they are now rare, going up in price, causing a large barrier to entry for new guys coming into the scene. You have to REALLY want an E30 in the first place to even get into the scene now, whereas in the 00's it was just a DD car you purchased that could turn into a larger obsession.

The second is what is happening to every hobbyist forum I visit, a decline in traffic and new signups because younger Millenials and Zoomers do not use forums. They use FB/Reddit and group chats. Forums are going to way of the dodo and it sucks, because they are far better than the aforementioned. Forums are a Google searchable resource, that can be archived and used in the future. Social media feeds are not.
                              As a 24 Y/o I use Reddit almost like instagram to show off photos, maybe ask a quick stupid question (ty anonymity) and to quickly browse posts.

FB is used also for quick questions and large amounts of feedback, the same question will get 20+ answers on FB and go unanswered here. Also much better for buying and selling parts.

I post and go to forums for research, quality work and to detail my own cars changes.

Each has their own redeeming qualities but the forum is clunky compared to the others and simply inhibits me quickly absorbing random information while im taking a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post

Just answered one of your M30 questions in your project thread - go with rubber mounts if you end up fitting the M30 and you want good NVH.

If you like the driving characteristics of the M20, then you'll also like the extra torque of the M30 as they drive similarly just the M30 has much more bottom end.
                                Thanks! I was thinking of keeping poly trans and swapping engine mounts to see if that resolves most of the issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X