Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 Daytona Violet (Purple!) Touring

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    1994 Daytona Violet (Purple!) Touring

    It's here! After patiently waiting for several months, my 1994 E30 Touring has arrived. Here are the specs:

    1994 318i Touring
    Design Edition
    Electric sunroof
    Manual windows
    Daytona Violet color
    Sport seats with MTech fabric (with purple highlights)

    I bought this car from a gentlemen in the Netherlands who has figured out that he can buy Tourings in Europe and sell them (at a slight profit) to crazy Americans. This one came from Germany.

    I picked it up yesterday at the Port in Baltimore and drove it to Indianapolis. The only minor problem is that the clowns at the Port left the lights on! The battery was completely dead, but did start quickly with a jump. I am blaming the Port for killing the batteries in my SI board, because the Tach no longer works.

    After the jump, the car ran great. I drove it the whole way (650 miles) in one day, no problem. No A/C and no Cruise control (yet) made it a little bit of a challenge. I got 30.5 mpg during the trip.

    Here are a few pictures of the event:

    #2
    Pictures:
    Attached Files

    Comment


      #3
      Nice!! Can’t wait to see it with the wheels on it.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

      Comment


        #4
        M40B18? Whats the plans for it? Definitely will look better with some wheels
        Simon
        Current Car:
        -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
        -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



        Make R3V Great Again -2020

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          M40B18? Whats the plans for it? Definitely will look better with some wheels
          M40s make good drivers, too bad all of the vac crap under the intake is mostly unavailable.

          Comment


            #6
            All of the Design Edition cars were M40. This one still is. I plan on keeping the M40-B18 in it.

            I am very happy with this powerplant, except for one thing: Its gas mileage is not significantly better than an M20. The highway mileage that I am getting (wihich matches the other M40 I had) is 30 mgp on the highway.

            What's the point of a small engine unless it gives you better mileage?

            About the wheels (hinted at by AWDBOB above) : I have a set of Alpine knockoffs that will be going on this soon. I think it will transform the look of this car.

            Do you think this car has been lowered? I can't tell.

            Comment


              #7
              Alpinas will look good on it. The car definitely hasnt been lowered.

              Im a huge fan of the M20 motor and I support building up a high comp 2.9 for it. It will be fantastic and still get the same mediocre MPG the M40 does haha
              Simon
              Current Car:
              -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



              Make R3V Great Again -2020

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by twright View Post
                All of the Design Edition cars were M40. This one still is. I plan on keeping the M40-B18 in it.

                I am very happy with this powerplant, except for one thing: Its gas mileage is not significantly better than an M20. The highway mileage that I am getting (wihich matches the other M40 I had) is 30 mgp on the highway.

                What's the point of a small engine unless it gives you better mileage?

                About the wheels (hinted at by AWDBOB above) : I have a set of Alpine knockoffs that will be going on this soon. I think it will transform the look of this car.

                Do you think this car has been lowered? I can't tell.
                Looks like old springs. Also, B25s, at least with standard gears don't typically get 30. But ultimately you get an M40, specifically a B16, to constantly demonstrate the size of your manhood every single time you have a left hand merge around a sharp bend with a short weave lane. Or maybe it's tax reasons, but that's not as fun.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Not sure why, but this Touring seems to handle better than the last one, and I haven't even started replacing suspension components yet. Snow tires have better traction than older summer tires?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I just set a new Personal Record: I registered and Titled the Touring with only ONE trip to the license branch!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by twright View Post
                      I just set a new Personal Record: I registered and Titled the Touring with only ONE trip to the license branch!
                      We’re all disappointed by the lack of pictures!

                      I just found out hoopte #5 has a non reconstructed salvage title upon trying to title it, so I have many a BMV visit ahead of me.
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I have been a little lax with the Purple Photo Porn. I'll see what I can do to remedy that.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2288.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	10031270 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2290.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	10031271 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2294.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	10031272 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2295.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	10031273 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2293.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	10031274 Photos as requested:

                          Have I exceeded the Purple Limit?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            More:
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Very nice
                              Simon
                              Current Car:
                              -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                              Make R3V Great Again -2020

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X