S54 swapped coupe... looks like I need some interior suggestions. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 swapped coupe... looks like I need some interior suggestions. :(

Some of you guys might recognize this car as Ebby's old car from his Youtube video. I got it last December and have really enjoyed it. I basically daily drove it all year... intent to again. I had spent a lot of time getting the interior mint. re-wrwapping the wheel, redoing the boots, ect...

I stored it in a clean dry enclosed trailer this winter... Went to check on it today and my heart sank. 2 large cracks in the dash... Now I don't know what to do. I like the OEM look but not interested in being in this same situation next spring again. Do I do the ole' leather wrap the entire interior. I have the chassis mounted shifter so do I try to go to something like what Singer does with 911's. super restomodded (not even sure the car could pull that off). I dunno. I've so bummed out right now and just torn on direction. Maybe I just wrap the dash in black... would be very subtle... and I can do the seats, console, and door panels to match without it standing out too much.

I had some work done in the states on my E30, really wasn't satisfied. Next go around will be with these fellas, We got a set of SRD's done in lotus white. Work was excellent, but the seat mounting was cracked. Welding up now...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I know CATuning took a Dash cap and wrapped in Alcantara. Just doing the cap itself is kind of janky but with the wrap done to it, at least in my opinion, look pretty good to me.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	10053225
      Attached Files

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

I am very anti-dashcap but with it flocked or wrapped with alcantara it looks really good.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          I am very anti-dashcap but with it flocked or wrapped with alcantara it looks really good.
          Yeah it's not the best. I've where guys will do a lot of work and get them to lay right and they look better than cracks. But yeah with it wrapped I really like the 2 tone texture look

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

Comment

Ya, I'm not a cap fan either. I think I'd like to look for a new oem dash or wrap everything. I'm leaning towards a re-wrap of everything in something like a black bolison leather... keep it looking sort of oem+... was considering some tri-stitxh but I have that on the wheel already.. or maybe some m-tech fabric inserts on the seats... but again. I dunno. Haha

Comment

I really think my ideal way forward from a cracked dash is to fill the cracks and flock it.

IMO it looks good, is cheaper than a new dash or recovering, and I imagine it isn't hard to re-do as the dash inevitably ages/cracks more.

Downside is that the dash will inevitably keep cracking as the vinyl continues to dry out. It's also probably hard to clean if you get something on it,
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Recovering the dash with new foam and fabric might be better than a new OE piece. Because it will/could crack again. Unless it is stored somewhere climate controlled. The new material now days is miles ahead of what it used to be.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

Comment

While I'm usually anti-dash mat like others, I think Catuned in pictures looks like a pretty decent alternative.

I'd love to see it in person, because someday I'm sure my perfect dash in my unicorn will crack.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I plan on leather wrapping my spare dashes when the time comes.
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      I plan on leather wrapping my spare dashes when the time comes.
                      spare dashes?? lucky... I can't even find one right now :(

I get the idea of flocking but the more I think about it the more I just don't think it would suit my car. I would love to leather wrap it but I've called around and can't find anyone that I would trust to do it that has any time at all. Shops are crazy busy...

Comment

Place in second post does dash's/

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                        X