Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 87 325is starter E30 platform

Hey gang,

Bought this a few months ago to relive some high school memories. This was in great shape and complete with a lot of recent service, repairs, and it even sports an untracked dash! The price was right, so I scooped it up. Recently fixed the ABS light, brake lights warning light, full brake job, and added Alpina wheels. A couple trim items replaced too. Up next with be some side skirts, a rear bumper valance, and an Alpina style spoiler then paint. After that will be a R134a conversion, seat upholstery, and a radio swap to a Continental unit I have for Bluetooth.

This forum has helped with all the light issues I had and has been a great source of info. Thanks to all that contribute this info. A Google search always brings it back to this forum.

More to come!

cheers
    Dave

Whoops! Think I already posted this, but that’s ok. More pics to come on this thread of my E30.

cheers
    dave

Comment

Looks like Delphin grey. Enjoy!

Comment

Love the car, same year and model as mine!

Comment

This is the AC kit I like, they did the original design on the AC bracket, then AC solutions copied it.. . They all need a bit of work to be perfect. Have actually been wiring the fan on high speed with an upgraded circuit for AC use, My census is that the condenser isn't big enough or doesn't get enough airflow in the city. A new evaporator helps with duct air flow also, plus you get to clean out all those old mouse house's in there..

Keep us updated!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Thanks guys. Good info on the AC kit. Thank you!

cheers
            dave

Comment

That's really clean! Also don't know if it's cause I'm getting older, but I'm liking the diving boards too lol.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                That's really clean! Also don't know if it's cause I'm getting older, but I'm liking the diving boards too lol.
                They've aged quite well.
                Ties in with the chrome around the windows nicely.

Helps that these are nearly the best version of diving boards, unlike the fugly EARLY models like the 1984.
                This has the shorter shocks (but I believe the verts were even shorter?) and the plastic surrounds that aren't so wavy.

Comment

Nice e30 and welcome!

Re: A/C conversion -- I second the LC Wylie A/C conversion. For reference, check out my thread regarding R&R of the evaporator on a vert. I highly recommend replacing it, but at minimum, removing to clean inside and out will be hugely beneficial.
                  it

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230604_022411720.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	10113829

Re: Diving boards - I don't mind them, and in fact quite like them, but do think they look better tucked. Just food for thought:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20231016_221352_440.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.6 KB ID:	10113827
                  Last edited by m2d2; 02-06-2024, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Good stuff guys, thank you! I’ll check that thread on the AC conversion. Thanks! I just added some MTech II style skirts an Alpina style rear spoiler. Will prime and paint next week. I have some light hail dings I need to work out too. Also, replaced the rusted battery tray before I installed the rear skirt. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6308.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	10114066 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6307.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	10114067 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6310.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	10114068 Click image for larger version