nice score man, GL with build
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Pm me if you want to sell it as is with profit

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
        those look like euroweaves to me. check the offset on them. good find!
        Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post
        Im going to be working on it all day, Ill check the offset on them. Im going to just throw some bottle caps on while i clean these up. Ill get some pics up later on, after ive made some progress
        You won't be able throw bottlecaps on there and move it around IIRC. The ix weaves had a different offset than euroweaves and were all 15" in the states. They're the only 15" 4x100 weaves US cars got, the other 15" were the m3 weaves but they're 5 lug.

Nice score OP, Good luck :)

Comment

$200 is an insane score for what basically amounts to a head R&R. even if you dumped a whole new M20 in there you could be done for under $1k.

Originally posted by GOOBER View Post
          You won't be able throw bottlecaps on there and move it around IIRC. The ix weaves had a different offset than euroweaves and were all 15" in the states. They're the only 15" 4x100 weaves US cars got, the other 15" were the m3 weaves but they're 5 lug.

Nice score OP, Good luck :)
          so much misinformation, but it's expected.

Bottlecaps fit the ix fine. Those are ix weaves, not euroweaves. Euroweaves also fit an ix.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            Bottlecaps fit the ix fine. Those are ix weaves, not euroweaves. Euroweaves also fit an ix.
            i have my reservations. they look a bit 'pokey' to me, the lip and face style looks more like the euros, and did IX weaves come in gold with a polished lip?

if that car was dropped, it looks like theyd be rubbing all over the fenders.

Comment

neither euro or ix weaves came in gold. so who knows.

in any case, my other points still stand. any factory wheel that fits a 4 lug E30 will fit the ix.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I dont know what theyre from, but heres a few pics. there deffinatly different from IX weaves, i took a pic of the ix spare in the trunk and a few of these. the golds are bbs, and the spare is just stamped BMW. theyre both 15s the silver one just looks bigger in this pic

hope that helps ID them, Im by no means a wheel guy so ive got no clue.

Anywhoo i got a few things done, got the back seat back together, and the armrest in and the back to the D/S seat back on, just gotta find some screws for the bottom.. At first i thought that i would deffinatly find black leather sports for it, but im kinda diggin the two tone grey/black

Also started making a mold of the cover under the dash, gonna make a few out of CF since i have all the stuff laying around.
                Also unburried the crack free dash thats stuffed in my shed, Finally get to put it to use:D

On a sadder note, theres really no hope of slappin a head on it, the bottom end is locked up tighter than Fort Knox, and a valve got a little to friendly with #5 piston.. and sadly i over looked the fact that the motor I was looking at was for an I car, not an IX so the search continues. Im going to pull this motor apart and see if i can have it cleaned up and put a fresh set of rings and bearings in, and have the cyls honed, and deck machined and swap internals with this good engine. and use its head.
                "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

m50 time. sweet score thats for sure.

Comment

those are euro weeves!

Great find! i miss my ix..

Ive got a spare ix block.. super far away but i'd make you a good deal
                    sigpic

Comment

Is it even possible to put anything but a m20 in a IX and still have it be all wheel drive?

Comment

those are bbs euro weaves. Damn dude, fricken caps on the wheels pretty close worth what you paid for the entire car.
                        sigpic
                        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by 87' 325 View Post
                          Is it even possible to put anything but a m20 in a IX and still have it be all wheel drive?
                          yep

Comment

Sweet deal man.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87' 325 View Post
                              yes but unless it's an "S" motor you'd be wasting your time.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Haha thanks guys, thats great to here i scored some sweet wheels too! I just used some trusty Marvel Mystery Oil in the cyls, 3mins later- spinning by hand. Love that stuff. Still need to tear down, hone it out, and replace that piston, and all the rings.

but progress is being made. just ordered new brakes and rear shock mounts, brake and fuel line. stripped down the alternator and replaced the slip rings and bearings, bushings and VR with a spare i had thats about 90% on the brushes.

Salt and Pepper

on the side is my Old Mans Mk2 triple white VW Cab thats gettin a VR6 in the spring

I know the 87 looks like crap but i got in an accident with a van and fubar'd my front valance+bumper. So i frankensteined the valance from a POS parts car and rattle-canned it. Gonna fix it proper along with the rest of the body when i take it off the road and drive the ix
                                "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                                Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Working...
                                X