My $200 89 IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post

Conrad311, this is some motivation for you, i refinished the wheels and now they look like:
    Damn those are sexy, what did you use on the lips?
    "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
    Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post
      Damn those are sexy, what did you use on the lips?
      stripped clearcoat with aircraft stripper, sanded down 300 grit - 600 grit - 1000 grit - 1500 grit - light steel wool, then used an aluminum polish to shine them up. its not a mirror finish, which is what i wanted.

Comment

slow progress

So ive been crazy busy this last week with various jobs, mostly a 55 chevy truck im redoing the engine on. Any way ive been waiting for parts to come but i finally got around to getting the engine pulled. heres the progress

rear engine e30!?! not the best plan...

collecting a pile of parts

cyl head to be used

the exhaust was the easiest part for once :]

new brakes are in transit

all in one piece out the top is deffinately not the easiest way to take it out..

the blocks getting torn down tomorrow, and brought to the machine shop for a dip in the hot tank, and having the deck checked and machined if need be, and a good hone of the bores. New bearings and rings were just ordered. Gonna see about getting the front shafts splines lengthened while im at it. rather do it right the first time than take it apart again cause something went wrong. still gonna be under a grand when its back together :-D

About it for now. I got some 6x9 xplods fitted to the rear shelf, custom spacers to make em fit not the best look, but the stocks were shit and i have a spare shelf with premiums. and replaced the stock tape deck with an eclipse unit i had layin around too.

debating wether i should do the suspension now or wait till after winter in new england?? roads around me suck so i think im gonna wait on it.

Also pondering if i should get a skid plate or not.. any one know if the race skid plate fits on an ix?

Comment

Back from the dead!

Yes i know i dropped the ball on this one for a while but life got in the way, as it has a tendency to do. But this is not another project started and bailed on!

Never really stopped, just slowed way way down and have been chipping away at it.

So heres a quick recap of the last year:

Had this

Stripped this donor rwd lump for head and guts

took this redone head

box of pistons from rwd

cleaned up ix block

let them sit for 6 months

got some free time and added in a little of this

and some magic and made this:

and this girl has been waiting patiently while ive been trading lights and wheels to my black car... but she will be whole again soon :D

thats it for tonight. shes on the roll-back now, bringin her to work after the holiday weekend.

Comment

where is that oil cap from? looks sick.

Comment

lucky bastard. good find. good luck with your rebuild.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              ---------------------------------
              89 E30 S52
              ---------------------------------
              Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Sweet steal of a deal!
                PNW E30 Crew : 1991 E30 S50, 2000 E39 M5

sigpic

Follow my S50 build
                : MY S50 E30

Follow me on instagram : @damendesign

E30 T-Shirts | M3 T-Shirts /Prints

Comment

Great rebuild. So after the initial $200, how much have you spent on the restoration?
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                    where is that oil cap from? looks sick.
                    thats from a 2002 that was sitting in a local yard, stripped it and polished it

and for the total investment, im right around $750. probably will be some where around 11-1200 by the time shes titled, registered and insured. not to shabby, oh and countless hours of me going through every little thing

Comment

mad props..
                      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Nice deal!
                        Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Fucking shit. Greatest deal ever. Be sure to give it the ol' jack test once you get it back on the road, if it has a good VC I am gonna kill myself ;)

I just spent like 10 times more that you paid for that car on a wrecked one, just to get the t case with good VC

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                          Bluebird Bus Conversion
                          New Oregon Trail

Comment

I can't believe this

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post
                              thats from a 2002 that was sitting in a local yard, stripped it and polished it

and for the total investment, im right around $750. probably will be some where around 11-1200 by the time shes titled, registered and insured. not to shabby, oh and countless hours of me going through every little thing
                              Still a sweet deal, am looking for a 4dr IX myself.
                              sigpic

Comment

so I didn't get her in the shop to day, im dead in the water with a w124 diesel benz that i don't have a supper-skinny long-dong 22mil diesel injector socket for and cant get the leaking injectors out of. anyway, I just bolted up all the rest of the goods for the engine, intake, timing stuff, pulleys, ect

crappy cell pic cause im a tard and lost the camera (note 76 el dorado vert getting a new top in the background) 502 ci of fluffy junk ;)

and started doing other piddly stuff for it new ball joints in the CAs. this was one of the most stubborn ive ever encountered...

hopefully ill have a much better update tomorrow :)

Comment

Working...
                                X