Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    He's making sure everything is good and tight on the adapter, spreading the pins out a bit more so they won't slip out and such.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Good news! Are you going to do anything to prevent the adapter from acting up again? Dad's ride looks pimp.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    So my car still isn't fixed. It's starting to make more sense though. 12v wasn't at the fuel pump due to a shitty alarm system install. Now the CPS (new part) isn't giving the right readings which is why its popping and backfiring through the intake. Also I guess when the wires came loose in the adapter they might have fried one of the coil drivers in the ECU. Adrian is getting very close though. Hopefully it isn't much longer.

    On the bright side, we lowered my Dad's car and put on his new wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    any news danny boy?

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    e34 harness is a bit longer where it counts, on getting the DME correctly mounted under dash, in cabin. Usually e34 part outs, you save a few bucks too.



    I wasn't knocking the adapter per se, but I do know from the interactions I've seen here, and my interactions with THR over the phone, they seem more apt to assist, and that could make all the difference in piece of mind, and minimize hair pulling. But, keep in mind, I am the guy that will pay more to have a better sales experience.

    But, all the pics I've seen of greg adapters, I'm likely to assume the failure would more likely be there, and not in a mass produced unmolested factory BMW harness.
    Yeah I understand. It really just comes down to knowing how to work with greg and he is a helpful guy. Perhaps not for everyone.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Why an e34 harness?
    e34 harness is a bit longer where it counts, on getting the DME correctly mounted under dash, in cabin. Usually e34 part outs, you save a few bucks too.

    Originally posted by 87e30
    Obviously greg's adapter worked the whole time on your old swap car, it's worked on mine for a long time now, and it's worked on like 100 others... I wouldn't spend the money on a treehouse...

    I really don't want to be nut swinging on greg everywhere but this is something he's done a lot of and there is lots of evidence of them working out there.
    I wasn't knocking the adapter per se, but I do know from the interactions I've seen here, and my interactions with THR over the phone, they seem more apt to assist, and that could make all the difference in piece of mind, and minimize hair pulling. But, keep in mind, I am the guy that will pay more to have a better sales experience.

    But, all the pics I've seen of greg adapters, I'm likely to assume the failure would more likely be there, and not in a mass produced unmolested factory BMW harness.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Greg has actually been very helpful in this process, he talked to my mechanic when I gave my mechanic Greg's number and answered a few questions about pin outs and how Greg wired his adapter.

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Calm down Clayton. I'm not blaming Greg.
    lol I didn't say you were. It was more of a message to farbin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by 87e30
    Obviously greg's adapter worked the whole time on your old swap car, it's worked on mine for a long time now, and it's worked on like 100 others... I wouldn't spend the money on a treehouse...

    I really don't want to be nut swinging on greg everywhere but this is something he's done a lot of and there is lots of evidence of them working out there.
    Calm down Clayton. I'm not blaming Greg.

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Obviously greg's adapter worked the whole time on your old swap car, it's worked on mine for a long time now, and it's worked on like 100 others... I wouldn't spend the money on a treehouse...

    I really don't want to be nut swinging on greg everywhere but this is something he's done a lot of and there is lots of evidence of them working out there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Why an e34 harness?

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Well, a known working e34 harness, and a Treehouse Adapter and this will all be behind you.

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    oh god, more of this? lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    Did gregslow318 make your adapter? Heehee.
    Yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Did gregslow318 make your adapter? Heehee.

    Leave a comment:

Working...