Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • samiam3356
    replied
    I was being sarcastic buddy! lol Its only been mentioned 20 times in this thread. Even if that was the answer, I wouldn't even admit to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    It doesn't *hurt* to check. In my case I was convinced that my gas tank had had rust in it. I replaced that AND bought a new fuel pump...then I decided to check my CPS.

    Leave a comment:


  • samiam3356
    replied
    There is no way its the CPS.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    I had a 1281 code when my CPS failed. Had the same symptoms...as a matter of fact, you were the first to tell me to check my CPS in my thread!

    Hopefully your buddy gets it sorted :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    Whats the story? I've been awake for almost an hour now, you west coast guys sure take your time gettin to work.
    It's at my buddy's shop still.

    Originally posted by CHITTY
    Danny I haven't read all of what you tested, but from all of what you have said is working, maybe the maf? I talked a couple of guys from work and what I was able to describe of you symptoms, they were leaning that way. If you have another one to throw on it can't hurt.
    Tried that, no dice.

    Leave a comment:


  • CHITTY
    replied
    Danny I haven't read all of what you tested, but from all of what you have said is working, maybe the maf? I talked a couple of guys from work and what I was able to describe of you symptoms, they were leaning that way. If you have another one to throw on it can't hurt.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Whats the story? I've been awake for almost an hour now, you west coast guys sure take your time gettin to work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Yeah it does, its a real trooper!

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    ^ Your poor starter, that thing deserves a medal!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Keep in mind that I had been cranking the motor with fuel spraying for over 12 hours. The cylinder walls were washed down with fuel.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    There are only 2 ways to affect cranking compression, Damage to a sealing surface or cam timing. You did have the throttle wide open while you were testing compression, right? I'm going hold my wager because the compression #s going up that much with oil dont add up to me, assuming the test was done right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    Equally bent valves. Haha! Just kidding. I called Vanos failure a couple pages back, we'll see if i'm right.

    How many internets would you like to wager, sir?

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Equally bent valves. Haha! Just kidding. I called Vanos failure a couple pages back, we'll see if i'm right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    wat

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    No I didn't but that wasn't the VANOS, it was loose spark plugs. Yes, seriously.

    Leave a comment:

Working...