Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied


    Finally got it back, it was all electrical gremlins. Still have some stuff to do, but it runs and drives.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    ^^ You did try a known and tested CPS, or bench tested it with all sorts of twisting and wiggling of the connector/pigtail? And/or bypassed the harness with your own wires jumped it to the DME to verify. By you, I mean him, but you know...

    Yeah, he has a brand new CPS and has done everything you said. He's pretty much narrowed it down to this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    ^^ You did try a known and tested CPS, or bench tested it with all sorts of twisting and wiggling of the connector/pigtail? And/or bypassed the harness with your own wires jumped it to the DME to verify. By you, I mean him, but you know...

    Leave a comment:


  • Jesse30
    replied
    gaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    What do you think is the issue within the harness? What did you guys track down?
    From what I understand, the CPS is shutting off individual cylinders and weird times. He's pretty sure the vibration is messing with the wiring harness and throwing weird readings at the ECU.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    ^ lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Danny, it doesn't matter how fast your cars are when they're either not running, smog ref'd or upside down.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    What do you think is the issue within the harness? What did you guys track down?

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    I don't think I have seen this thread before. Being that I am uber important, I need you to do 2 things Daniel. Post the most recent pics of your car on this page IE, inside, outside, engine bay, pants on, pants off (for Dave), Bmw roundel in your hand. Then a tiny update on your progress.
    Thanks brah.
    Uncle Rich

    Leave a comment:


  • kingston
    replied
    Cool, man! I hope you're reunited soon!

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    We're narrowing it down and getting real real close now.
    Excellent!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Yeah she's been away for about a month now, Adrian has been a fantastic mechanic and an even better friend when it comes to answering my phone calls every single day. We're narrowing it down and getting real real close now.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    You'll get it sorted out foo, don't sweat it. My S50 car gave me some wiring troubles last year so I taught it a lesson and let it sit for almost 2 months. Found the problem (not my fault) and she's happy as a hog in shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Today I visited my 20 thousand dollar paperweight and dropped off a new(used) wiring harness which I hope will solve the last of the problems.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    TSW Revos. I had those on my first E30, I loved them.

    Leave a comment:

Working...