Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    Nobody?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Fixed the fuel pump issue, so we have fuel.
    Have spark, at least outside of the motor.
    Injectors are firing.
    Compression is low, but even. with 6 cranks it has 90 psi, throw some oil in and it goes up to 150.

    I think we have everything we should.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by 87e30
    Did you stomp test?
    Yeah, code 1444: no faults :|

    Originally posted by samiam3356
    Thats crazy then. Rotating engine tells the DME to power the fuel pump. Air, Fuel, Fire= explosion if timed correctly.
    Originally posted by toointoxicated60
    Im with sam. Bad CPS
    I have to disagree guys. I mean, if it was the CPS I wouldn't be getting spark. The issue is that there is no 12v at the fuse box.

    Leave a comment:


  • toointoxicated60
    replied
    Im with sam. Bad CPS

    Leave a comment:


  • samiam3356
    replied
    Thats crazy then. Rotating engine tells the DME to power the fuel pump. Air, Fuel, Fire= explosion if timed correctly.

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Did you stomp test?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by samiam3356
    If its not starting when jumped then its either timing related or the DME is not registering a rotating engine (which would explain your issue with not getting power for the fuel pump). IE bad Crank Sensor or dme
    Swapped the DME with a different one and I get the same result. I have spark so that rules out the CPS doesn't it?

    Leave a comment:


  • samiam3356
    replied
    If its not starting when jumped then its either timing related or the DME is not registering a rotating engine (which would explain your issue with not getting power for the fuel pump). IE bad Crank Sensor or dme

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Electrical = over my head.

    I would be leaning towards trying a new fuel pump... but I often jump a couple steps too far ahead with these things.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by ck_taft325is
    Either Relay or ECU related. I was having a similar issue and it actually ended up being the Fuel pump itself. Even after trying 3 different "known working" fuel pumps.

    Try swapping the relay and then I'd move back towards the fuel pump. Sucks, homie! Hope you get it sorted.
    But even that doesn't solve why the fuse box doesn't have 12v at the slot for the fuel pump and why when we jump the relay it won't start.

    Originally posted by samiam3356
    yes, had this this same situation and it was a major vacuum leak. Pulled the intake out and zip tied it from 2 sides.
    Tried ziptying the thinger, worked fine. I don't think it's vacuum.

    Originally posted by LJ851
    If you have fuel pressure and spark (assuming it is at right time) Your injectors must not be opening. Pull your intake boot loose and spray starting fluid past the throttle body. It will start if you are missing fuel. Are your injectors plugged in securely?
    They are indeed in securely. I'll give the starter fluid a try.

    Originally posted by 87e30
    The situation you are describing COULD be a big vacuum leak. When this happened to me randomly the ICV hose had fallen out. It would have to be a big leak.

    Sounds fuel related, it's probably the only thing that didn't come from the gray car, right?
    Right, and it's weird that it worked fine for about 30 minutes and they took a shit.

    So again, recap:
    NO 12v power at the fuse block for the fuel pump.
    Have spark
    Have 50psi when relay jumped
    Will not start when relay jumped

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    The situation you are describing COULD be a big vacuum leak. When this happened to me randomly the ICV hose had fallen out. It would have to be a big leak.

    Sounds fuel related, it's probably the only thing that didn't come from the gray car, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    If you have fuel pressure and spark (assuming it is at right time) Your injectors must not be opening. Pull your intake boot loose and spray starting fluid past the throttle body. It will start if you are missing fuel. Are your injectors plugged in securely?

    Leave a comment:


  • samiam3356
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Checked that, seems a bit loose but nothing terrible, should I ziptie it so it's real tight?
    yes, had this this same situation and it was a major vacuum leak. Pulled the intake out and zip tied it from 2 sides.

    Leave a comment:


  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    Either Relay or ECU related. I was having a similar issue and it actually ended up being the Fuel pump itself. Even after trying 3 different "known working" fuel pumps.

    Try swapping the relay and then I'd move back towards the fuel pump. Sucks, homie! Hope you get it sorted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Don't have 12v at the fuse box for the fuel pump.

    Leave a comment:

Working...