Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    Okay I changed the oil and changed the spark plugs and tried again.

    Same symptoms. I get a 1281 code which could mean my DME is under powered? I get the code with the red label 413 versus the 506 silver. I'm so beyond stumped on this.

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    I'm assuming you've felt under the IM for all the sensors... like that annoying one next to the fuel lines on the underside of the intake manifold...

    Shit I hate these little things.

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    When you removed the alarm, are you sure you got everything hooked up back as if it were never there? Maybe there is a wire not connected somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    maybe its vapor locked?

    edit nvrmnd. ninja post

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    So what was the fuel issue you fixed?
    No 12v to the fuel pump, fixed it by removing the aftermarket alarm.

    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    I'm feeling ground, or broken wire in harness or sensor. I feel like I always say this on 24v no start threads, but start with the multimeter and check sensors first, then continuity from sensor connector to DME connector.
    But it has already been running and I checked all the grounds. All the important wires to start are connected.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    I'm feeling ground, or broken wire in harness or sensor. I feel like I always say this on 24v no start threads, but start with the multimeter and check sensors first, then continuity from sensor connector to DME connector.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    So what was the fuel issue you fixed?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by MR.LUGO
    Maybe check cap/rotor/wires.. my .02
    S50. It has coil on plug.

    I should probably throw some new plugs in there though.

    And thanks Ryan, but there is only so much I can do. I think this is starting to get a little above my level.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR.LUGO
    replied
    Maybe check cap/rotor/wires.. my .02

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    I'd come over and help if I wasn't so damn far, even though I'm really not too far.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I figured out the fuse box, like I said. Fuel pump is working now. It just isn't lighting off. I'm going to let all the fuel air out of the cylinders over night, then change the oil, try again tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    Originally posted by phreshkid
    No power to the fuse box? Now that is just weird.
    bad ground somewhere... wtf thats all i can think of

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    No power to the fuse box? Now that is just weird.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    From everything I have seem there will be no spark if CPS is bad. That being said, try another one if you have access to it. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Vince30
    replied
    In some cases a bad cps would go to a defult were it would fire until it senses ignition and the engine can time it from there, I don't know if bmw did that but I would not rule out cps because you have spark.

    Leave a comment:

Working...