Danny's 4door Calypso 24v car

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adrian_Visser
    replied
    Loss of signal is usually caused by change in internal resistance of the sensor i.e. checking resistance with power off is an easy way to check the integrity of the sensor. Should be around 540ohms on the CPS. But I don't think that's your problem. If your plugs are indeed wet the engine may be flooding out right away that would explain why it tries to start for a second then won't do anything. If it isn't the DME maybe there is a short to ground in the harness somewhere in the ground side of the injector wiring harness (keep in mind that the DME controls the fuel injectors by switching ground to them).

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Typical mode of failure for a position sensor is loss of signal vs. internal short in my experience.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    I am pretty sure they are talking about at least ohming the cps.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Ohms test on position sensors? You guys are nuts. If he's to test his crank/cam sensors he'll be probing for ac voltage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Ohm the CPS yet? Is it running yet?

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Right.

    Now what signals are required for starting? CPS cam coil packs ECU?
    Yes.

    Take a look at your CPS. It's not uncommon for it to randomly come loose. Ohm that bitch out also

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Right.

    Now what signals are required for starting? CPS cam coil packs ECU?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Right.

    Now what signals are required for starting? CPS cam coil packs ECU?

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Danny, you need to learn to FLEX like Farbin. That E30 of yours will get the picture RIGHT AWAY and start walking the line. It wants to be good but i think you need to establish dominance. You are the alpha in this relationship, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    A powerprobe would be your best friend right now. They also have a sender kit to tone across long runs but I would start with the millimeter on required signal sensors to start, then start tracing the harness out if you don't find anything. Do you have an e36 Bentley manual?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    How do I start pinning out? I know nothing of etms or wiring.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    It's obvious its a signal/ground issue. That's why I said start with pinning out. Coulda found the issue yesterday.


    Muchlub<3dannyboi!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Apology for not reading the whole thing.

    180 out of timing?
    Unless I jumped a tooth or something I highly doubtt it. The car was running perfectly two days ago.

    Originally posted by MR 325
    I left those loose on my car and it caused issues. To clarify yes I am talking about the two nuts that hold the injector wiring to the fuel rail.
    Issues like not starting? Seems strange.

    Originally posted by theryp
    :) me gusta
    Thanks man.

    Originally posted by LJ851
    does that thing have a cam sensor? If you have spark and fuel, time is all you are missing although your dry compression #s are pretty low. Vanos failure?
    It ddoes indeed, you think its bad maybe?

    Originally posted by ck_taft325is
    Super true. Had an "experience" with this right after the S50 was running.
    Do tell.

    Originally posted by stinkydriverx
    sounds like timing.
    its probably something simple. Just like everyone else is saying, go through with a multi meter.
    Timing thrown out after the car was already running perfect?

    Originally posted by trackjunkie21
    How can it be timing if it ran PERFECTLY before? I'm 100% doubting it being out 180*. My bets are on CPS, even though there is spark and fuel.
    Cps seems suspect. If I take a MM to it it should ohm to high 500s during cranking?

    Leave a comment:


  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    How can it be timing if it ran PERFECTLY before? I'm 100% doubting it being out 180*. My bets are on CPS, even though there is spark and fuel.

    Leave a comment:


  • stinkydriverx
    replied
    sounds like timing.
    its probably something simple. Just like everyone else is saying, go through with a multi meter.

    Leave a comment:

Working...