No announcement yet.

The Bronze Bomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small update. The turbo I ordered is not the turbo I got. The turbo I got has a chunk of impeller wheel missing on the turbine side. It is also a wh1c (don't mind) but with an internal wastegate housing. Here is a link to my eBay link saying it was product n555 that I won
    eBay Win
    And here is the link that shows the turbos that they have/had. As you can see, number n555 is much better than n553. I received n553. I am trying to get this settled with OhioTruckParts, but if they fail to resolve the issue I will be on the hunt for another turbo as the cost of a replacement wheel is nearly the amount I paid for the turbo, then I still have to rebuild it. Just another hold-up
    OhioTruck Parts Inventory
    85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

that has to be the cutest puppy i have ever seen
      sigpic

Comment

Those cylinders look very worn. You're planning on using piano tops with a turbo?

Comment

Yup, that's the plan. Cylinders aren't very worn at all.. Had a factory rebuild not too long ago, and the guy I bought the block from went ahead and lightly rehoned the cylinders when he installed all new bearings/gaskets/rings. Once I get the head completely built (cam installed and all) I will double check clearance and make sure the pistons don't smash my valves. On a second note, Ohio Truck Parts noticed they sent my turbo to the wrong guy, and I got that guy's turbo. Unfortunately they were out of turbos, so I'm stuck with this one. On a positive side, they did refund my purchase and told me to keep the turbo I have. Looks like I may be buying a new CHRA or another turbo altogether. My pup is getting big, already a little over 20 pounds.

Comment

Just because everyone likes pictures.
            Got one of these, should help in building a passenger side motor mount arm.

And got one of these, because it was free, best deal ever.

Checking to see what I will need to do to mount my turbo, took these for fun. Will need to use studs for sure.

And the reason why I can't/won't use this particular turbo. I'm bidding on another at the moment

Getting my head back from the machine shop tomorrow. I will reassemble it this weekend most likely, unfortunately with the stock cam and rocker arms for the time being. Will probably get my engine running without the turbo bits then finish building my kit and install once I get them all.

Comment

Love it! Boosted Bronzit for the win. To bad mine will be sold in 2 weeks :(
              Too small? Blood Sweat and Tears Build:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=202389

Comment

from the title i expected something badass... needless to say i was disappointed.

just cus you haz mad turbo parts doesn't mean your cars hard. but i personally admire the will, so keep going... it'll get there eventually i suppose.

Comment

^---that's ok. Everyone has their own expectations for things. But I gave the name to the car after many road trips which it failed to die on. For a $900 car, that's pretty awesome. Maybe someday the name will match the car by your standards. Anywho, got some head today!

In the top picture you will notice the water jackets look all sorts of fucked up. They were, and where they were pitted, they were filled. It looks MUCH better in person.

Comment

how is that damaged jacket going to seal? it looks like itll leak coolant out the side or into the cylinder

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
                      from the title i expected something badass... needless to say i was disappointed.

just cus you haz mad turbo parts doesn't mean your cars hard. but i personally admire the will, so keep going... it'll get there eventually i suppose.
                      Do you even have an E30? It takes time to properly build a turbo car, it's a lot harder than making a car low and buying knock off wheels, per se.
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                        Do you even have an E30? It takes time to properly build a turbo car, it's a lot harder than making a car low and buying knock off wheels, per se.
                        Zing.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

The damaged/filled jackets are as hard as the aluminum, and are machined smooth with the surface. I had them filled once before with a different material, and it held not problem (no leaks atleast). Don't mind the old cam, it's temporary, and will be changed along with the rockers before the engine is boosted.

I ordered up a new muffler too. The one on my car is a POS and isn't fitted well at all. Since I have a welder now, I can position it cleanly up and tucked up. I wouldn't mind a little more noise out the back, so this muffler will do nicely.

Comment

nice keep up the good work,wonder what numbers you will be putting down
                            how many pounds of boost you thinking of doing
                            sigpic

my build thread:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=232324

Comment

Probably gonna start around 7-8 psi. But my final goal will be around 250-300whp. The shortblock I bought is going to work with me tomorrow, getting stuck on a stand, and I'm gonna pull it apart. I didn't assemble the engine, and my spider sense is telling me I should double check it all before I put it in the car.

Comment

nice
                                sigpic

my build thread:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=232324

Comment

Working...
                                X