A Means to an End - My 1JZ powered Euro E28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Means to an End - My 1JZ powered Euro E28

Its been about a year since I have posted up about my car (less if you count the write-up for the Airlift install ). In that time I have created the custom bag setup for the car, added a 62-62 single turbo to the car (After killing two sets of factory twins), cleaned up the interior a good bit, and added the euro M5 lip among countless other things. There is definitely something special about the older cars, and for me this one in particular. I remember seeing the for sale thread shortly after purchasing my new to me Z4, and not being able to afford it at the time, but it stuck in my head. Forward 5 months later I decided to sell the Z4 and shot the seller a nervous email to see if it was still around, and bought the car that weekend :) It has been in my ownership for two and a half years now and it won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I love the car to death and the immediate plan as of now is to get a few more little goodies I have installed and just beat the hell out of it. For a bit more info and a few more gorgeous pictures be sure to check out the article over at Stanceworks.

And just as I am sure it will come up, here are a few shots by others of the car at drive height.

Last edited by Moose; 12-19-2012, 04:33 PM.

that is one nice car sir.

Comment

Always loved this car. I've been keeping my eye out for e28s ever since I saw it.

Comment

Love the car, motors is meh ;)

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

I am really a fan of the car. It is a little much rear camber for me when aired out but, I think it is a really well done build.

Any ideas on what kind of numbers it's putting down with the new turbo?

Comment

Looks so classy, love it

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Love this car man! I was vey pleased when i saw it on my Instagram one day with the 1j swap.
              sigpic

IG: brandonhillis

I do stupid things.

Comment

Love what you have done with the car.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Love your car. Every time I see it I start wondering if maybe an E30 was the wrong choice for me.

Comment

Like a Sir.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

looks amazing, always enjoyed this car. i like that when aired out it is blatantly slammed but when aired up it doesnt look awkward, it just looks around about where you would put it on coilovers anyway for a nice looking drop to suit the body.
                      plus having a big single 'bullet proof' japanese motor in there just tops it off for me in terms of power/reliability/driveability

Comment

Is that rusty's old motor?

Comment

O..M..G that car is tits...love it...where did you get the nardi and the HRE wheels? Those steering wheels look boss, and i was thinking about getting one for my e30

Comment

I have a black crack free euro dash if your interested.
                            1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                            Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Just read the article. Nice build mate

Comment

Working...
                              X