Another m30e30 & a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post

peak torque should in theory be the 3500-4000rpm mark, I'm going to set redline at 7200rpm on this setup(rockers will be my weakest link I think). Version 2.0 I'm shooting to see 8k which on the big 6 will be wild
    wowZA. Thats very good
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

8k is pretty unbelievable but keeping stock 225tq to 8k it'll make 342hp

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        8k is pretty unbelievable but keeping stock 225tq to 8k it'll make 342hp
        Is going to take some work to see it get that high, but the other bottom end has 144mm rods with 12:1 Pistons(being made to suit) , MRT trigger wheel and ATI damper, the crank is the the biggest hurdle but will be getting lightened/Knife edged/balanced.

The harmonics on the M30 seem to be the grenade point for them so the machine shop is balancing the rotating assemble to 10K.

Comment

I approve of all this.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            I approve of all this.
            This is why I’m here, keeping the m30 going haha

Past weekend could have been a success but I stuffed up one lead, going to say making ignition leads is one of my least favourite things to do. Need to order some more lead & connectors due to my rookie error

But 5/6 done, my fcpeuro order has cleared customs so a few clutch parts will be home soon

Ordering my booster flip kit soon, that’s now the priority job once it’s moved to it’s new passenger footwell home I can put the engine back in.

Comment

weird question. can the machine shop tell you what rpm does the stock crank become unstable when they do it?

Comment

They can pickup what rpm range the crank starts to show higher levels of vibrations, knife edging the crank the machine shop will be basically going back to scratch when they do the balance.

My big concern was weight on the factory damper/crank hub they have a habit of letting go at higher rpm. Hence the shift to MRT’s option, the current pulleys on mine though are down to just the alternator/damper just to remove some unnecessary weight

Comment

1v1 me old pac if my garbage ever runs
                  sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Her one is going to make more power with a m30b35 & Garrett 3540r hung off it.
                    Great to see the engine coming back together Anthony. Will look forward to the other M30 project in the future, and good to see the trusty XR6 turbo proposed - I'd pondered one as a cheap turbo option for the M30 at one stage, should work well :)

I'm back dailying mine for the next few weeks while the e92 gets fixed at the crash repairers - has been fun driving it already.
                    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

They can pickup what rpm range the crank starts to show higher levels of vibrations
                      let us know what they say.:up:

My big concern was weight on the factory damper/crank hub they have a habit of letting go at higher rpm. Hence the shift to MRT’s option
                      what's mrt?

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                        1v1 me old pac if my garbage ever runs
                        Your on for that challenge, I’ll be on historic rego from next year. This year it’s car trailer & being towed to the track

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                        what's mrt?
                        Magnus racing team, they manufacture this is the trigger wheel & crank hub I’m using coupled with an ATI super damper

Comment

oh wow. ya. it's actually a reaaally good price.

is there any downside to this vs stock? is it proven? like any m30 racers reving to 8k and stuff? i'd buy it but my shit doesn't really make power above 6.5k even with the cat cam.

Comment

Proven no I don’t think so, I got in the first production run of them so I’ll be rolling the dice I guess. But what’s the worst that can happen? Ok don’t answer that

There is a few of the old 635csi race cars getting around with 8k rev limits, the JPS e24 still runs at a lot of the historic races in Aus(this runs an s38 with an 8400rpm limit)

Comment

So finished up my last ignition lead after my rookie error, & made some progress on the Alpina valance which had a meeting with the grinder to cut the upper vent out. Not sure if it’s sacraligious to chop up an Alpina part but it was a necessity

Taking advantage of the Easter weekend & finishing up the valance this Friday & playing with some plywood to mock up a splitter. Booster flip with be ordered soon which when done the engine can go back in the bay for the final time
                              Last edited by Anthony B; 04-16-2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

looks dope

those pictures are massive btw it's hard to fully enjoy .
                                Last edited by LowR3V'in; 04-15-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X