Another m30e30 & a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post
    yeah it’s not a great looking pool queue, the hood shock works perfectly unfortunately there was a 60km/h headwind that slammed the hood shut. I have the queue as my boot lid prop
    If that is a pool que then it is an easy fix. A little sanding and stain.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Hi Anthony

Thought I'd bump your thread and see whether your car is up and running now? So close!

Hopefully you're not caught up in fires. If you are, stay safe.

Cheers
      Luke
      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
        Hi Anthony

Thought I'd bump your thread and see whether your car is up and running now? So close!

Hopefully you're not caught up in fires. If you are, stay safe.

Cheers
        Luke
        thanks for checking in mate, fires have gotten really close & still on a watch & act alert where the car is kept.

Still yet to run have been chasing shadows trying to get a replacement alternator which thankfully I acquired last night. Also was put on a “no more money on the car” by the now wife while we sorted the last of the wedding. But wedding is wrapped up we’re now hitched, I’m hoarding dollars for the ecu & waiting for my fabricator to return to work eta end of Jan of the stars align

Comment

Good to hear all's ok - and congratulations on getting hitched! Life must take priority over cars :)

Comment

still can't wait for the dyno

Comment

Hi Anthony

Just thought I'd bump your thread and check in to see how you're going? I'm presuming that COVID-19 has put a dent in finishing off the car, but I hope all is well!

I've been chipping away at a few small niggling issues on my car with it sitting around a lot more than in the past - it's back to running well again. About to drop the radiator to do a full ignition service (new cap, rotor, coil & plugs) seeing as the cap and rotor have done 100,000km since I did my swap! It's a pain having to pull the radiator to swap the distributor cap... maybe wasted spark is the way forward :)

Cheers
              Luke

Comment

Hey Luke

Covid has made work mental (I work in superannuation) but I’ve taken a much needed holiday & it’s been full steam ahead on the e30. Picked up the ECU on Thursday, cars booked in on the 30th of Sep for the exhaust & we should be firing it up.

wow a 100k since your swap‽ that’s the definition of a solid swap, I wish I got to enjoy that many km’s out of mine before I broke it.

I’ve been lazy uploading photos to Flickr to post here, but if you’re on insta I upload heaps there “@antb_e30” but I’ll do a photo update here soon

Cheers
                Ant

Comment

So here’s a bit of a photo dump since the whole COVID fiasco I’ve struggled to spend time on the old iPad to upload photos. Since the last update I decided that I needed to 5stud swap the car.... this didn’t help me finishing the engine side because I have poor self control

Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

I also made my own front swaybar linkages machining up some spacers to use the Ireland engineering e30 ones I had

& currently waiting on these to ship over from Japan - American racing 3 piece 17x9.5 +34 so will be getting resized

The ECUmaster classic has its new home, I just need to load the base map

Currently just awaiting the exhaust to be fabricated which is booked in for the 30th of this month,

Comment

Nice update there Ant! Good to see the car will be running around the end of the month. Exciting times. In superannuation you must have been really flat out the last few months.

Have you had a wheel alignment done with the SRS concept lollypops? (I checked out your insta thread) I had been thinking of ordering some for a while, but thought I'd wait for someone else to try them first to see whether they work as advertised.

I took mine for a long run tonight and it's back to 100% with the new ignition stuff installed.

Comment

Yeah the super industry has been nuts since March glad I’ve finally got a break away for a few weeks.

yet to do an alignment, caster wise they are spot on visually I’ve just got to adjust the toe angle as the front right is about 6-10 degrees out.

I’m hoping the fire up goes smoothly cause I’m itching to take the car out for a blip

Comment

So a bit of an update... the car now runs

On the way to my fabricators to knock the exhaust out

Comment

Going back for another dyno run after a trackday this coming weekend, the torque figures where/are lower than expected

not sure if its just a dyno dynamic being a heartbreaker as per standard, but there was a loud howl from the dyno which wasn't normal, but I also have a handbrake to adjust as it was dragging through the dyno runs. The butt dyno is well impressed by the current experience, this coming weekend is a 1.3km tight handling circuit which should let me get a proper shakedown & let me tweak the new suspension setup.

The runners are going to get changed out for some non-tapered runners, currently they are 48 to 45mm. Rama from RHD has a few ideas on how to squeeze some more power out.

Other jobs to tackle are plumbing in a 4kg extinguisher, fitting the 1/2 cage, harnesses, & changing the 3.15 diff out for a 3.46
                          Last edited by Anthony B; 10-10-2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

The rpm scaling looks wrong probably why torque seems low
                            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post

The runners are going to get changed out for some non-tapered runners, currently they are 48 to 45mm. Rama from RHD has a few ideas on how to squeeze some more power out.

Other jobs to tackle are plumbing in a 4kg extinguisher, fitting the 1/2 cage, harnesses, & changing the 3.15 diff out for a 3.46
                              Personally i think you're going to end up changing that cam, ported head and 9.5mm lift don't go together that great with a single 47mm (or whatever) inlet valve, the valve never gets out of the way to use the port effectively its always using the curtain area. You want the most lift you can physically while keeping duration minimized to get the L/D up you're at 0.20 now. The M30 is kinda hamstrung with the rocker ratio but seems to be some better profiles around with 11-12mm lift possible with cam sub 300 advertised tight LSA.

i would go straight to https://www.millerperformancecars.co...amshaft-detail these are Paul burke cams who knows his stuff from an engine combo perspective and is not just someone who knows how to grind cams which is what most grinders are.

Rama would know about franklin cams http://camshafts.co.nz/bmw.aspx (ask for m30 profiles)
                              Last edited by digger; 10-12-2020, 04:35 PM.
                              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Very much looking at a bigger lift cam, Rama & I both discussed it being a limiting factor currently. To go to a higher lift I need to swap out to a steel rockers to get the benefit of the longer lash pad.

This is the cam chart to the current one http://www.catcams.com/products/cams...nguage=english

I’ve got my eye on the PPF offering http://server.pure-pf.com/webshop2/e...1-m30-z55.html

along with these https://kmcams.com/products/bmw-m30-...el-rocker-arms

Comment

Working...
                                X