No announcement yet.

New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting the centers black the way they're supposed to be. Tires just arrived.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09531.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	7178025

Comment

Looking great!!!

My dads only method of repairing cars was swearing and his American Express card!!!!

Comment

So...this finally happened....

Name:	DSC09536.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	7180066

Name:	DSC09552.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	7180067

Name:	DSC09557.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	7180068

Name:	DSC09563.jpg
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	7200321

Name:	DSC09571.jpg
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	7200322

I like it. It might seem high in the back, but throw some stuff in the trunk or a couple of people in the back seat and it sits right down. It's a DD on real roads. These pics are with H&R Sport springs and drop hats in the front. Tires are 205/55-15 on 7x15 ET12 OZ Alpina replicas. If you don't go with DOT track radials, there are FOUR decent tires in this size on tire rack right now. We wanted something he could use into the fall and early spring if he gets caught without snows on.

We also swapped the failing steering rack with a standard E36 rack from Rack Doctor (http://www.rackdoctor.net). Rich is great to work with - I highly recommend them.

We used the Dungeon Motorsports spacer kits for the rack (spacers on TOP) and the steering coupler. E36 tie rod ends.

Need to do some more mixture tuning (might be cold start valve), get a 5 speed to swap, and re-cover the seats. But he uses it regularly and it goes on trips. Mileage went up 4 to 5 mpg after he figured out his caliper was dragging.
        Last edited by LateFan; 01-09-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Looks great. I had the same rake w my first e30 and it leveled off perfectly after removing one of the rear spring pads. No noise no issues wo it
          www.instagram.com/snwmble
          #snwmble

Current:
          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Could you just use a thin rubber sheet, or maybe inner tube material, for isolation?

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
              Looks great. I had the same rake w my first e30 and it leveled off perfectly after removing one of the rear spring pads. No noise no issues wo it
              I was going to suggest the same thing. Those spring pads are also notorious for trapping dirt & moisture and with the cold weather you guys get up in MT think of it as preventative maintenance ;)

Car looks great with those wheels. Ive been really thinking about getting some 15x7 or 8 wheels to daily around on, but my ride is still fine with the 40 series tires on my 16s
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So just pop the shocks off and let the TAs droop and slide them out? Would you pull the upper or lower pads?

Comment

[ATTACH]125135[/ATTACH]
                  Last edited by LateFan; 01-09-2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                    So just pop the shocks off and let the TAs droop and slide them out? Would you pull the upper or lower pads?
                    Sorry, never saw the reply. Yes super easy. Jack up the rear from the diff so the whole ass end goes up. Unbolt the shocks form the TAs and when the spring falls out, just pull the pads. I would pull both personally

[ATTACH]101603[/ATTACH]
                    That is looking really f'in good, a little more all the way around and it will be perfect. I could totally live with it how it is right now though, but killing that gap will really set it off. You might want to consider a skid plate for insurance, just in case
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I would just do it but he's practical and it's his car and he's worked on it and paid for all the improvements. He loads it up with kids and bikes for his weekend races, and then there are Montana roads...

Someday a 5 speed and maybe euro bumpers.

Right now we need a cold start valve I think - rough starting and it may be leaking and making it randomly too rich. I'm almost sure we've found all the vac leaks, and changed out or rebuilt everything else related.

Skid plate yes. Should do that soon.

Comment

'Tis the season...

Name:	DSC09637.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	7181481

Comment

Packed up to move - amazing how much these hold.
                          [ATTACH]110377[/ATTACH]

Checking all the ABS sensors. Looks like it's the relay.
                          [ATTACH]110378[/ATTACH]

New lights on sale yay. Fried the #1 fuse, replaced, works fine....?
                          [ATTACH]110379[/ATTACH]

Then we re-painted the rocker panels and spare tire bump with SEM trim black. (just set it down so the back is sitting up)
                          [ATTACH]110380[/ATTACH]

Cold start valve tested fine. Odd random oil pressure sensor signals - replacing sender on block. Replacing both ABS relays. Brake rez cap has broken so float is...floating, way up.

New E36 steering rack has been great. Old shocks are too long I think - it bottoms out in front on easy bumps so I don't think it's the stops.

Adding a Curt trailer hitch to carry more bikes to races. Have to modify it to fit tucked bumper.

Comment

SEM Trim Black is what I used on my car rockers came out great looks factory it also works really well on the old style rubber bumpers to black them out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like those little bumpers ^^

Comment

Old shocks are too long I think - it bottoms out in front on easy bumps so I don't think it's the stops.

Adding a Curt trailer hitch to carry more bikes to races. Have to modify it to fit tucked bumper.
                                Take the e90 drop hats out and your ride will improve. The only way to go low with an e30 up front is to section the strut housings and run a shorter insert
                                Build Threads:
                                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                                X