2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Oooooh I can't wait for you to mount that spoiler up! It's going to look so good. I regret doing my Z3 2.7 turn rack in Linda. It's too tight L2L. I've had two cars now with the 2.7 turn Z3 rack, and one with the E46 ZHP rack. The ZHP rack was PERFECT. If I ever did it again, that's the route I'd go. The Z3 rack will transform your car, nonetheless!
    I'm really dragging my feet refurbing the wing so who knows how long until it gets puts on. I don't mind the 2.7 rack, even without power steering it feels effortless when driving. Backing into my parking spot is another discussion haha.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Minor update of changing my alternator. Was driving around town and the car just died. Had to walk home and get my truck. Drove back to the e30, took the battery home, and charged it overnight. In the morning I drove the truck back to the e30, put the battery in, limped it home, walked back to the truck and then drove that home. Wow, luckily it was only a mile or so away.

Changing the alternator, I bought a Bosch unit. Swapping the pulley and fan over, it would rub against the alternator housing. Thanks to Digger, I found out there are different fan part numbers and I probably should have bought the other one. Added a spacer washer between the fan and the housing and no more rubbing issue. On my next parts order, I'll go ahead and grab the potentially correct fan. PS I need to top off my coolant.

Comment

Well I've made to the Bay Area where I will be spending the next year living and working (mostly working). Really looking forward to making a list of to-do's for the car and taking advantage of the nice weather to start bringing this thing back to a respectable ride. If anyone knows of any meets or events in the area let me know! Also will try to make it to a track or two this year to get some laps in.

Comment

the wheels are dope. no denying that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            the wheels are dope. no denying that.
            Thanks, I've grown really attached to them. However I think next time, I'm going to put all seasons on instead of StarSpecs. The wheels are heavy are wouldn't be ideal of autox so no sense in having the grippy tires on. I'll get a set of 15's to put on for race time.

Comment

Still here, not much of a revival anymore. That didn't really take off. Maybe later. Needs a wash.

Comment

Got a Zender replica valance. Needs some work but I got impatient and put it on early. Will remove, finish filling, sanding, and painting eventually.

Comment

Shabby chic with cool parts, I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                    Got a Zender replica valance. Needs some work but I got impatient and put it on early. Will remove, finish filling, sanding, and painting eventually.
                    But at least now you know it fits and looks AWESOME! :)

Comment

Where’s the 2.8? Or was it a 2.9?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        Shabby chic with cool parts, I like it!
                        Thanks. Someday it'll get cleaned up.

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

But at least now you know it fits and looks AWESOME! :)
                        I had to take a fairly large hammer to my tow hooks. Not sure how they ended up so far out of line.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Where’s the 2.8? Or was it a 2.9?
                        2.9. It's in my parent's basement. I have goals to rebuild it someday. My current timing belt has a year or two left on its regular maintenance schedule (teaser).

Comment

Haven't a clue how this hole go into my taillight, but I finally replaced it. New cover was painted at some point. It's a bit darker than my passenger side original but better than a hole. The car is filthy and is looking terrible but such is life. Also finally straightened my steering wheel on the hub. Has been off since I changed the rack last summer. Might still get a part or two more installed by the end of the year, but no promises.

Comment

Solid update. Where in the United States of America are you now?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Solid update. Where in the United States of America are you now?
                              SF Bay Area until end of December. Back to Montana 2021 for somewhere between 5-8 months. And then potentially Seattle but that last part is dependent on finding a job. And that's my life! Catch me if you can.

Comment

It is great you still working your car......
                                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X